Cisco has warned that hackers have infected at least 500,000 routers and storage devices in dozens of countries with sophisticated malicious software.
Two years ago, at the Cisco Live! Conference in Melbourne, as a result of the Snowden Revelations, Cisco revealed that it was going to the extraordinary lengths of shipping its routers to vacant addresses in order to stop government security agents i...
Network World sat down with Senior Vice President and General Manager Keerti Melkote and CTO Partha Narasimhan at Aruba’s annual Atmosphere conference in Nashville last week to talk about future wireless technology, security, and more.
Cisco Systems has fixed a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to take over servers used by telecommunications providers to remotely manage customer equipment such as routers.
The Spark Board meeting device that Cisco Systems introduced on Tuesday is not so much a whiteboard or a videoconferencing screen as a giant tablet that everyone in the room can share.
On Tuesday, Cisco introduced the Spark Board, a wall-mounted screen that can be a screen-sharing presentation tool, a digital whiteboard, a videoconferencing display.
If you have the Cisco WebEx Chrome browser extension installed make sure you're running the latest version.
Cisco, which has promoted its smart city technologies for more than two years, announced that 10 cities, including Paris and Copenhagen, are using its cloud-based service to connect to traffic, parking and environmental sensors in real time.
As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
Business development manager for EMEA and Russia Mirko Bass tells Computerworld just why the smart city of Hamburg is attracting international attention, including from US president Barack Obama's cabinet.
More than 840,000 Cisco networking devices from around the world are affected by a recently discovered vulnerability that's similar to one exploited by a hacking group believed to be linked to the U.S. National Security Agency.
Favored status for Apple iPhones and iPads on Cisco Systems networks starts Tuesday, giving users better Wi-Fi roaming, integrated VoIP calls and priority for the most important business apps. Here are five new capabilities that may prove most useful...
Athletes will not be the only ones going for gold at the Olympics in Rio. Some of the biggest names in technology – from Cisco to Microsoft, HPE/Aruba and Google - have played a vital role in supplying back-end network technology for the games, and h...
Cisco, Intel, IBM, Mellanox use silicon photonics to better handle video streaming and data center to data center traffic.
Watson might schedule your meetings someday if a partnership between IBM and Cisco Systems bears the fruit they’re hoping to grow. In the meantime, the companies hope to save employees from some of the meaningless tasks they have to carry out just to...
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT review: Bleeding-edge, underpowered, and overpriced
- Windows Security review: There are better options, but not for the 'price'
- Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- Australians are finally getting the Google Pixel 4's best feature
- Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google's Chrome 79 will warn you if your password has been stolen—or will be
- 2 'Plundervolt' attack against Intel Core CPUs prompts fix that can turn off CPU voltage tweaks
- 3 Windows 10 Mobile is finally dead: How to take your data and move on
- 4 Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
- 5 Free game alert: Wasteland and Wasteland 2 are free at GOG for the next two days
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?