ARM tried but had a disastrous outing in PCs starting with Linux-based smartbooks and then tablets with Windows RT.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Chromebook shipments will grow in double digits this year, but not as Windows PC replacements, which is what Google had hoped for.
If you're looking for a Windows alternative laptop, there's a new incentive to pick up a Chromebook: it may be able to run Android apps.
Google's new app, available in the Chrome Web Store, lets you easily access files on a network server from within Chrome OS.
HP's new Chromebook 13 has some of the latest technologies that the company is putting in its top-line Windows PCs.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
CTL's NL6x Extra-Rugged Chromebook for Education can withstand drops and bumps.
Toshiba has entered the Chromebook market with a 13.3in device that uses a latest-generation Intel Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM. The company claims that its Chromebook weighs 1.5kg, and has a maximum thickness of just over 20mm. It was announced ...
Most Chromebooks on the market rely on Google for online services, but Dell's new Chromebook 11 adds another cloud option to extend file sharing across desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
1. Widespread user adoption may be slow. With a Chromebook, all applications and storage are in the cloud, which means workers will have to adapt to a whole new way of computing. While most popular business apps have Web versions, their functionality...
Latest News Articles
- Optus to take the lag out of gaming
- Is your SSD failing? Microsoft is testing a Windows 10 feature that will tell you
- Should you buy a 5G laptop right now?
- Microsoft refreshes Surface Pro X tablet with a faster SQ2 chip and new color options
- Microsoft debuts the 12-inch Surface Laptop Go, for an affordable $549
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 crashing issues: What you need to know
- 2 Tested: Nvidia's new drivers fix RTX 3080 crashes by sacrificing clock speed
- 3 Dell updates XPS 13 2-in-1 and XPS 13
- 4 Lenovo Flex 5G review: The first 5G laptop offers crazy battery life, as well as compromises
- 5 Lenovo ThinkBooks offer Intel or AMD CPUs and a few surprising features
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?