In-flight Internet access provider Gogo is working on a service that will increase the maximum data speed on planes to 70Mbps.
A power problem caused a widespread outage on AT&T's U-verse broadband service Monday that some customers said affected both TV and Internet service.
Vodafone Group continues to strengthen its fixed network holdings by acquiring Spanish cable operator Ono for €7.2 billion (US$10.1 billion).
Government-funded broadband projects have led to higher speeds and lower prices for U.S. small businesses, despite opposition from some in Congress, according to an auditor's report.
The European Union will spend €1 billion on improving its digital services and high-speed broadband networks as part of a deal agreed on Wednesday.
Apple fans can now join Android users in testing their mobile data speeds and reporting them to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to support the agency's decision-making about broadband.
Heavy broadband users should help shoulder the cost of their traffic, but Verizon Communications does not give preferential treatment to some Web traffic, the company's CEO said Monday.
With Google Fiber about to begin a fiber Internet service in Austin, Texas, Time Warner Cable said Thursday it is increasing home broadband speeds in the city by up to six times while keeping the price flat.
Some Republican policymakers objected to a new U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to reinstate its net neutrality rules after a court threw them out, but broadband providers appeared to be less concerned.
Nearly seven in 10 U.S. voters would pay a higher tax on their mobile phone bills if the money went toward wiring schools with faster broadband networks, according to a new survey.
Cable operators Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications have joined forces and formed WifiForward, an organization that will work to protect existing unlicensed frequencies and get lawmakers to free up more spectrum.
Comcast will acquire Time Warner Cable in a US$45.2 billion all-stock deal, the companies said Thursday.
Comcast is expected to announce Thursday that it will acquire Time Warner Cable in an all-stock deal, according to reports.
Residents of Google's hometown could soon be connecting to the Internet again via a free, citywide Wi-Fi network.
A group of Democratic lawmakers have introduced a bill in both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives to restore net neutrality rules at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Latest News Articles
- iPhone 12 vs Android’s best: It’s time to consider switching phones
- WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD review: Fantastic sustained write speeds via PCIe 4.0
- Tablet buyers guide: Surface vs Android vs Apple iPad
- IPVanish review: Come for the VPN, stay for the cloud storage
- The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The best Thunderbolt docks you can buy for your laptop PC
- 2 Apple M1 Macs: What you need to know about buying a new Mac with Apple silicon
- 3 XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc 319 review: Finally, an enthusiast option for AMD fans
- 4 WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD review: Fantastic sustained write speeds via PCIe 4.0
- 5 Why a 1080p webcam is a great stocking stuffer for 2020: Buying guide
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?