BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
BlackBerry's revenue continued its dive in the three months to Nov. 29, but on Friday the company reported a smaller loss than a year earlier.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
Having to remember multiple passwords may soon be a thing of the past.
BlackBerry is now free to integrate German security vendor Secusmart's voice encryption technology on its smartphones and software, after the German government approved its acquisition of the company.
Samsung Electronics' deal with BlackBerry and Apple's efforts to make it easier to configure and deploy massive numbers of iPhones highlight how the smartphone makers are battling for supremacy among enterprise users.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
BlackBerry does an about-face, back towards its enterprise roots.
BlackBerry's focus on strong security as a key differentiator for its devices does not mean that they're completely free of flaws. The company released security updates Tuesday for both the OS running on its smartphones and for its enterprise server ...
Now that BlackBerry has fallen significantly behind Apple and Google in the race to offer features and third-party apps for its smartphones, the company is concentrating on providing devices that, it claims, have the strongest available security -- t...
Businesses wanting the security of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 without the complexity of managing it onsite can now buy it as a hosted service from six BlackBerry partners.
BlackBerry has recruited a new chief operating officer, Marty Beard, recently CEO of cloud customer service company LiveOps and before that an executive at Sybase.
An earnings miss by Oracle is usually enough to send tech market forecasters back to their spreadsheets with furrowed brows. But despite the enterprise software giant's weaker-than-expected financials, there was enough good news on the tech sales fro...
BlackBerry managed to turn the tide toward a small profit during its fiscal first quarter, but revenue and phone sales continued to drop.
The BlackBerry 10 OS will soon have Amazon's Android app store built-in, in a bid to increase the number of apps available on the smartphone and allow BlackBerry to focus on enterprise software as it tries to stay afloat.
Latest News Articles
- Apple Weekly Update: AirPods, Apple Music+ and more rumors
- Find My: How to use Apple's new all-in-one app to find friends, devices, and items
- Nobody needs HiFi Apple Music+
- Thunderbolt adapter guide: How to connect an iPhone, display, hard drive, and more to a MacBook or iMac
- Apple Music+, 3rd-gen AirPods may launch next week
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Don't get fooled by this malware-ridden MSI Afterburner fake
- 2 Small phone lovers rejoice: The Asus Zenfone 8 is a fantastic option
- 3 How to remotely control your iPhone’s camera
- 4 Apple hires, then fires controversial ex-Facebook employee
- 5 Apple Music+, 3rd-gen AirPods may launch next week
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?