French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
Archos is showing two low-cost Android-based smartphones next week at the International CES trade show, including the 45 Helium 4G, which is priced at US$200 without a contract.
Archos announced smartwatches starting at under £50 (US$83) and an Android tablet specially designed to make home automation a breeze.
A smart watch from Samsung Electronics, an Acer smartphone that can shoot 4K video and a Sony one with a 20-megapixel sensor, plus a plethora of tablets and TVs are all expected at this year's IFA consumer electronics show.
It's official: We've entered the tablet age, and 2013 looks to be a great year for slates. Tablets appeared in all forms at the International CES and were just about everywhere you looked--and the noteworthy and innovative models featured Windows 8, ...
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Galaxy Book S is the first laptop with Intel's hybrid Lakefield chip inside
- Riot explain what's in store for the future of Legends of Runeterra
- Apple is finally selling refurbished iPhone XRs—but you really shouldn’t buy one
- iPhone SE vs iPhone XR vs iPhone 11: Which one should you spend your money on
- 11 classic games that deserve a Final Fantasy VII-style remake
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple is finally selling refurbished iPhone XRs—but you really shouldn’t buy one
- 2 Microsoft releases Windows 10 May 2020 Update
- 3 Samsung's Galaxy Book S is the first laptop with Intel's hybrid Lakefield chip inside
- 4 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is Epic's latest free game giveaway
- 5 You can now buy a Raspberry Pi 4 with as much RAM as a Mac mini
Join the newsletter!
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?