A value-driven flagship with few trade-offs
One of the best cheap Android phones we've seen
How usable is the sub-$100 Alcatel Pixi 4 Android smartphone?
Dual-camera high-impact photos in a fast, low-end Android smartphone (aka Honor 6X and Mate 9 Lite)
So Blackberry just made one of the best Android smartphones ever
Android in pictures
Oppo makes phones that are both great value and great on their own. Recently we've been impressed with the very pretty Oppo R9s and the larger, does-it-all Oppo R9s Plus. The latter competes with the best, flagship phones on the market but costs much less money.
The hype around Samsung's Galaxy S8 has been off the charts - something that normally makes us wary. However, having spent some time with the device today our hopes are heightened.
Samsung delayed the launch of its flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 Android smartphone, but it has launched it's mid-range Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 model. We were keen to have a look and see if it was worth bothering with.
All of the phone manufacturers are launching their new, best phones. This is LG's new flagship. What does it look like and is it any good?
In another piece of bad news for Samsung this week, the Galaxy Wearable app for Android devices is currently broken, with many users reporting sign-in problems.
While Samsung's One UI software overhaul won't arrive until early next year, beta users have already discovered the update will introduce new restrictions around custom themes.
HMD Global has launched its second device in the Android Go family with the Nokia 2.1.
Android 9 Pie (Go edition) comes with up to an additional 500MB out of the box compared to Oreo (Go edition), and more than twice what you’d find on a non-Go edition phone.
Google has launched a spinoff of its Android operating system for home appliances and other machines, following mixed results with Android offshoots for cars, smartwatches and televisions.
Changing the voice used for navigation on an Android phone from robotic to something more natural is easy, but buried in the menus.
Password-protecting your smartphone makes sense, as it prevents unauthorized users from accessing your data.
The single most common complaint you'll hear about any smartphone is how lousy the battery life is. Granted, battery life is like mileage on a car -- it will vary widely depending on your usage. You can always buy more time by making fewer calls or d...
Android can sync easily to Windows Media Player in much the same way that the iPhone and iPad sync to iTunes, so any Windows user can transfer music between their PC and their Android phone or tablet. Here’s how.
Smartphones aren’t smart enough to wipe themselves of personal or business data when stolen or lost, but wiping a phone remotely keeps your information out of the wrong hands. Here are options for Android handsets.
If our round-up of the best Apple and Android smartphones you can find for under $400 and $500 wasn’t good enough for you, here’s our latest list of the top 10 best Android and Apple phones you can find for under $300.
Is the Samsung’s DeX any closer to achieving its goal of offering users the ability to realise the one-device-to-rule-them-all dream of mobile convergence than it was a year ago? Is it the future of computing or another dead-end?
Although the prices of a high-end smartphone like the Galaxy Note 9 and iPhone XS Max continue to balloon upwards, it’s actually become easier than ever to find yourself a good-value smartphone for less than $500.
Throughout May alone Avast Threat Labs saw the latest version of the adware on around 18,000 devices belonging to Avast users located in more than 100 countries including Russia, Italy, Germany, the UK and some users in the U.S.
Here’s a quick introduction to some of the most common kinds of Android malware.
Videos about Android
Latest News Articles
- Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 4 review: The resurrection continues with this surprisingly normal keyboard
- Ask a PC expert: Should you upgrade your Core i7-2600K?
- Goodbye Android Q, hello Android 10: Google's dessert-based code names are over
- Mophie Powerstation XXL review: This is the portable battery you're looking for
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 4 review: The resurrection continues with this surprisingly normal keyboard
- 2 Ask a PC expert: Should you upgrade your Core i7-2600K?
- 3 Goodbye Android Q, hello Android 10: Google's dessert-based code names are over
- 4 Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-30BQ review: A dual-core laptop that's slim, light, and priced to move
- 5 10th-gen CPU buyers guide: We ranked every new Intel laptop CPU for you
Join the newsletter!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Note 10+ vs Note 10+ 5G
- Beats PowerBeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones review: A debut worth the wait
- Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?