After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
American Enterprise Institute
A spate of recent news stories have revealed that a wide variety of lobby groups have financial ties to broadband carriers and trade associations, accusing them of faking grassroots opposition to strong net neutrality rules.
"Vivid" telepresence - holograms, immersive gaming, new collaboration services and even 3D pornography - could be the next big thing as gigabit-per-second broadband service spreads across the US.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web comments form crashed Tuesday morning in the hours before the agency's first deadline for submitting comments on its net neutrality proposal.
Latest News Articles
- Huawei goes greener still with Mate 40 Pro
- Apple’s annual Black Friday sale starts Friday but you should probably skip it
- Shots fired: Intel says Ryzen 4000 performance stinks on battery
- Best wireless mice: Cut the cord with these top performers
- Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9310 review: Actual gaming chops in a tiny laptop
Most Popular Articles
- 1 MacBook Air M1 review: An absolutely stunning debut for Apple silicon in a Mac
- 2 Intel's first NUC laptop is stylishly generic notebook for the rest of us
- 3 Apple just added an instant song identifier to the iPhone—here’s how to use it
- 4 M1 Mac mini review: The Mac with the best ever bang for your buck
- 5 5 key things you need to know about AMD's Radeon RX 6800 and 6800 XT
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?