A look back at the evolution of the way data gets from the Internet into the palm of your hand
5G in pictures
Just hours after Apple and Qualcomm settled their legal battle, Intel announced that it wouldn't be making a 5G smartphone modem anymore.
In the aftermath of this week's Apple-Qualcomm settlement, Intel has confirmed it plans to exit the 5G smartphone modem market.
Intel faces an uphill battle to break Qualcomm's grip on the smartphone modem market - but they're not too worried about it.
Huawei will challenge the constitutionality of a law being used to prevent it from providing 5G equipment to US telecommunications carriers through a ban on government use of its products and services.
MWC 2019: Turns out Alcatel do have a 5G phone - but it probably won't be coming to Australia this year
We visited the Alcatel booth at this year's Mobile World Congress and were pleasantly surprised to discover do indeed have some 5G hardware on the way, it just probably won't be coming to Australia until early 2020.
5G is set to be the fifth-generation of standardized mass-scale wireless broadband. To phrase it a bit more loosely, it’s the thing that will connect your phone and other smart devices to the internet when you’re not using Wi-Fi in the future.
Videos about 5G
Latest News Articles
- Razer Blade Stealth (2019) review: One of the nicest laptops I can't afford
- Need your dragon fix after Game of Thrones’ finale? Head to Elder Scrolls Online’s Elsweyr expansion
- Google pulls Huawei's Android license: 5 reasons not to panic (yet) if you own a Huawei phone
- FileShadow review: 100GB of free online storage plus local data backup and consolidation
- Asus ZenFone 6 hands on: Flipping the script to take on the OnePlus 7 Pro
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google breaks up with Huawei, pulls Android license
- 2 How to type kaomoji on your PC in Windows 10
- 3 Microsoft revives once-dead Paint with new keyboard controls and accessibility enhancements
- 4 The Epic Mega Sale tempts PC gamers with weekly freebies and $10 off any game over $15
- 5 OnePlus 7 Pro review: Not a flagship killer, a flagship contender
Join the newsletter!
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Huawei P30 Pro review: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Full, In-Depth Review
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?