Microsoft is gearing up to release a version of its Visual Studio integrated developer environment that it promises will be easy enough for even business managers to use.
Software and Services - News
A few companies in the Fortune 500 need to upgrade their Web browsers. And while they're at it, a little in-house training on social engineering wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
As promised, Microsoft today issued an emergency patch for the critical Windows shortcut bug attackers have been exploiting for several weeks.
Harnessing a pair of protocols developed by Google, the newly released version of Linux kernel should be able to speed network traffic throughput considerably.
MIcrosoft will ship a beta of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) in September, a company executive said today.
Apple on Wednesday <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/198706/5_reasons_to_upgrade_to_apples_safari_5.html?tk=rel_news">released Safari 5.01</a> for Mac and PC that lets you add third-party extensions to the browser such as e-mail alert widgets a...
I'm not really answering a reader's question today. But the trick I'm about to reveal is important to all Firefox users who like to get their hands dirty fiddling with settings. In fact, it's important to the tip I'm posting on Wednesday (which is wh...
Photos of a near-final version of an alleged HTC <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/189353/windows_phone_7_visual_tour.html?tk=rel_news">Windows Phone 7</a> device have leaked online. The photos show a handset with a 3.7-inch Super LCD screen, ...
Internet Explorer 8's Smartscreen Filter, used to secure users from dodgy websites, has stopped its one billionth malware download, Microsoft has proudly announced.
For the second time in two months, Mozilla on Friday rushed out a fix for Firefox to patch a problem with a browser update issued just days before.
In the good old days, all keyboards had indicator LEDs that showed the on/off status of Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.
Microsoft will not follow the lead of Mozilla and Google in paying researchers for reporting vulnerabilities, a company executive said today.
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
Mozilla on Tuesday patched 16 vulnerabilities, nine of them critical, in Firefox 3.6, the largest update for the open-source browser since March.
Google has given a major overhaul to the layout of its Images search engine's results page and introduced a new advertising format specific for this service.
Latest News Articles
- Tile has just made your Lenovo X1 ThinkPad laptop almost impossible to lose
- Telstra offers free 12 month subscriptions to Disney+
- LastPass admits attack but assures master passwords are safe
- There’s an easy fix for Windows 11’s slow SSD performance
- Best USB microphones for streaming: Upgrade your stream with high-quality audio
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to undervolt your graphics card
- 2 The iPhone was created to be a breakthrough communicator. It’s not
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 review: A truly modern GPU for the masses (hopefully)
- 4 Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT review: Affordable, quiet, and smart
- 5 Microsoft ‘delighted’ by Windows 11 usage, but what is it?
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?