Trend Micro is blazing a new trail with a service called SecureCloud intended to give enterprises a way to encrypt data in cloud-computing environments.
Software and Services - News
Apple's failure to clean up old code in QuickTime leaves people running Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerable to drive-by attacks, a Spanish security researcher said today.
Google will follow the lead of Microsoft and Mozilla by offloading some browser chores to the graphics processor to speed up Chrome, the company said last week.
The growth of social networking is <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/204313/reach_older_users_on_facebook_and_twitter.html">being led by more mature users</a>, but Facebook ads don't take the senior population into account. Altho...
Google's real-time search engine, which indexes and serves up status updates, messages and other public content from sites like Twitter and Facebook, now has its own Web address and contains new filtering capabilities.
Hard on the heels of a report that a USB drive was used to compromise U.S. military networks in 2008, a security company today claimed that 25% of all new worms are designed to spread through the portable storage devices.
Motorola appears ready to do more development on top of Android, with its acquisition of <a href="http://280north.com/">280 North</a>, a company that develops Web applications.
Google announced Wednesday it is offering the ability to make phone calls over the Internet via its popular Gmail service.
The Internet is abuzz with talk about a new search feature that Google has been trying out.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
In the year 2020, technical expertise will no longer be the sole province of the IT department. Employees throughout the organization will understand how to use technology to do their jobs.
Canonical this week released a software framework that brings multitouch interaction to the open-source Ubuntu OS, which could accelerate adoption of the OS on tablets.
Facebook has acquired Hot Potato in a move that could help further its move into location-based services.
Cameron Diaz's next film could easily be titled "There's Something About Malware."
Microsoft today announced that the next version of Office for the Mac will include a pair of key features that debuted in the Windows edition of Office 2010 earlier this year.
Latest News Articles
- Tile has just made your Lenovo X1 ThinkPad laptop almost impossible to lose
- Telstra offers free 12 month subscriptions to Disney+
- LastPass admits attack but assures master passwords are safe
- There’s an easy fix for Windows 11’s slow SSD performance
- Best USB microphones for streaming: Upgrade your stream with high-quality audio
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The iPhone was created to be a breakthrough communicator. It’s not
- 2 How to undervolt your graphics card
- 3 How to download Windows 11
- 4 Apple is preparing ‘a feast of new products’ this year
- 5 Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT review: Affordable, quiet, and smart
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?