Unlike taxes, paying full price for Windows isn't inevitable. In fact, depending on your circumstances (and how much effort you're willing to spend), you could pay nothing for it.
Software and Services - Features
The lists of AMD and Intel processors supported by Windows 11 come on the heels of the new operating system's much stricter hardware compatibility.
Just installed Windows 11? Be sure to give these features a spin.
PC feeling slow? The fix may be simple—and far less expensive than replacing it.
What you need to know about version 10.15 of Apple’s operating system for the Macintosh.
How did it take me so long to discover Slack's instant-editing keyboard shortcut?
If you're thinking about ending your Amazon Prime membership but are a little unsure what to do, rest assured that the process is a relatively easy one.
These three Windows 10 remote access options don’t cost a dime—making it that much easier to provide tech support or access your computer’s files from afar.
The latest version of Windows is here. What is Microsoft doing with its operating system, and what could it mean for the Mac? We talk about Windows 11 and macOS in this episode of the Macworld Podcast.
What's the best VPN for Mac? The number of VPN services can be daunting, which is why we've put them to the test—to help you find the best one for Mac owners
Unique passwords are essential, but they’re not enough. You should secure all important accounts with two-factor authentication.
iCloud Keychain is a handy free tool Apple has built into iOS, iPadOS, and macOS to help you manage your passwords.
We’ve gone to the trouble of answering them and cranked out out a quick run-down of the pros and cons of the VPN world’s latest “free” alternative and whether or not it’s worth your time and data.
Apple adds back in an option for your Apple ID that can deter hijacking. However, the company hasn’t yet updated its password-recovery websites. Avoid for now.
Microsoft Office is the staple software of modern home computing. Got a PC? Then you need to buy Microsoft Office to get Word, Excel and PowerPoint, right?
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft offers beta fix for Ryzen performance issues on Windows 11
- Edit PDFs right in your browser with Adobe’s upgraded Acrobat extension
- Windows 11 hurts AMD Ryzen performance even more than we thought
- No, Geekbench didn’t just eradicate CPU leaks
- Bartender 4 review: It’s like adding a second macOS menu bar
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The best graphics cards for PC gaming
- 2 The M1X MacBook Pro might have a notch
- 3 New MacBook Pro tidbits: 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, MagSafe, more
- 4 Edit PDFs right in your browser with Adobe’s upgraded Acrobat extension
- 5 How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?