The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Software and Services
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
Microsoft reveals when Redstone 3 will ship—as well as every Windows feature update beyond that—as part of its new semiannual schedule for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus.
A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
How many virtual assistants can you fit in one smartphone? European network operator Orange is hoping there's room to squeeze in one more, called Djingo.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Boost your productivity with recurring reminders, voice control of your PC and apps, and more.
Ransomware is one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative forms of cybercrime in the world. It's malware that encrypts files on your device and is often delivered through an innocent-seeming link in an email or when a “helpful” program is downloaded.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
Microsoft has taken the wraps off its Wunderlust successor, an overly simple task managing app called To-Do.
SnapLogic wants to make it easier for users of its enterprise software integration platform to connect components of their business systems. The company unveiled a new feature on Tuesday that uses machine learning to suggest what users may want to do.
Signing into your Microsoft Account with Microsoft's Authenticator isn't necessarily faster than entering a password, but it is easier.
A feature available for Windows 10 Insiders could extend your battery life by about 10 percent, Microsoft claims.
New intelligence can be added to mobile devices like the iPhone, Android devices, and low-power computers like Raspberry Pi with Facebook's new open-source Caffe2 deep-learning framework.
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
Most Popular Articles
- 1 If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- 2 Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- 3 AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- 4 FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- 5 Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?