QNAP's TS-251A NAS has the ability to output video directly to an external 1080 display and is a great media streamer. The advertised on-the-fly 4K transcoding, on the other hand, proved to be weak.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
TerraMaster's FS-220 is relatively new to the NAS category, but it's a great performer with a promising interface.
For a NAS box with a boatload of software features and top-notch performance, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra is amazingly affordable.
Seagate's Personal Cloud 3TB NAS is only a single-bay NAS, but $140 for 3TB of storage and advanced software features is a steal.
Synology's DS216play NAS is a middling performer, but there's no better NAS box available for media streaming and 4K transcoding.
With a boatload of pro features and excellent performance, this is a box better suited for the small office than the home, but it streams as smoothly as any of its rivals.
Zyxel's NAS220 is an affordable NAS box with good streaming and backup features, but it's a bit less refined than mainstream users would want.
Samsung keeps raising the ante on PCIe SSD performance. The 960 Pro can read faster than 2.5GBps and write faster than 1.5GBps.
Looking for an SSD that's fast and looks good through a case window? Stop your search because the Plextor M8Pe could be your answer.
We were amazed when Lexar provided us with a super-fast 200GB, corn-flake sized MicroSD card back in June but now here’s Kingston with 256GB!
Fleshing out the middle of the company's SSD lineup, Toshiba/OCZ's VX500 offers the solid overall performance of MLC NAND at an affordable price.
Atech Flash lets you add fast SATA storage to your laptop or PC with this USB 3.1 dual-bay enclosure.
Fantastically fast and fantastically expensive, this external drive lets Thunderbolt 3 strut its stuff to the tune of 2GBps transfers.
With an integrated Wi-Fi hot spot and the Plex media server, this drive lets you take all your shows (and all your tunes) on the road.
It can't best an MLC NAND drive, but the 750GB Limited Edition MX300 suffers fewer slowdowns when writing large amounts of data versus other TLC drives. It's all about cache size, baby!
Latest News Articles
- Seagate show off new modular Lyve Drive storage solution
- Seagate's new portable SSDs are as colorful as they are compact
- Samsung give a new coat of paint (and a discount) to their T5 SSD
- Samsung introduce 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
- CES 2019: Seagate sharpen portable storage lineup
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Samsung teams with Microsoft to ensure you’ll never stop paying for phones
- 2 Epic will give away the next Total War game for free on launch day
- 3 Kingston KC2500 NVMe SSD review: Good performance at a nice price
- 4 The best Dell XPS 13: How to choose among three great thin-and-lights
- 5 Google's latest Android features are too vital to be Pixel-only
Join the newsletter!
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Dell XPS 13 (2020) review
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?