We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
Servers & Storage
We had a look at what was new in Patriot's suite at Computex 2017
Here's what eight SSDs in RAID 0 looks like on the new Core i9 platform.
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
If you can't afford Intel's superfast Optane SSDs but need a massive speed boost, the company's latest SSD DC P4600 and SSD DC P4500 SSDs may fill the need.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The NVMe interconnect should allow for bigger and denser flash modules and faster application performance. Pure Storage is tapping into this potential with its new FlashArray//X.
Before release, Intel gave Optane SSDs to a select few who had a chance to get their hands dirty with the new technology for over a year.
For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts and St Tropez and instead I flew back to a city I hadn't lived in for over 15 years. Back to little old Auckland. It’s all a learning curve, right?
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
WD today announced its densest 3D NAND -- a 64-layer product that it plans to begin shipping later this year.
We visited Cisco’s new Office in North Sydney. And we were envious. In this open plan environment with over 450 employees, Cisco doesn’t run out of room despite technically only providing under 200 desks. People can work where they want, use meeting rooms when they want, use big 4K monitors and sit down on $1500 chairs – or business class-like aeroplane loungers.
Seagate is getting closer to reaching its goal of making 20TB hard drives by 2020.
TerraMaster's FS-220 is relatively new to the NAS category, but it's a great performer with a promising interface.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- 2 Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- 3 Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- 4 Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- 5 Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?