Fundamentally, the Seagate innovate is a single 8TB 3.-inch, 5,400rpm Seagate enterprise mechanical hard disk in a box.
Servers & Storage
Intel has released a 64-layer TLC SSD that's cheaper, and considerably faster than Samsung's EVO. The king is dead--long live the king.
We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
We had a look at what was new in Patriot's suite at Computex 2017
Here's what eight SSDs in RAID 0 looks like on the new Core i9 platform.
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
If you can't afford Intel's superfast Optane SSDs but need a massive speed boost, the company's latest SSD DC P4600 and SSD DC P4500 SSDs may fill the need.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The NVMe interconnect should allow for bigger and denser flash modules and faster application performance. Pure Storage is tapping into this potential with its new FlashArray//X.
Before release, Intel gave Optane SSDs to a select few who had a chance to get their hands dirty with the new technology for over a year.
For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts and St Tropez and instead I flew back to a city I hadn't lived in for over 15 years. Back to little old Auckland. It’s all a learning curve, right?
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
WD today announced its densest 3D NAND -- a 64-layer product that it plans to begin shipping later this year.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Confirmed: Windows 10 will cut off devices with older CPUs
- 2 Doom's free DLC unleashes hell on hard drives as a ludicrously large update
- 3 Best password managers of 2017: Reviews of the top products
- 4 Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 review: Nvidia Max-Q makes it incredibly thin and powerful
- 5 Best Buy is selling a 2-in-1 Chromebook for $220
Join the newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?