While not one of the fastest PCIe 4 NVMe drive in benchmarks, the Atom 50 scored big time in our real life transfers. The drive is PS5 compatible, but uses HMB which isn't supported by the PS5, so performance may not match our numbers.
Servers & Storage
This super cute SSD still packs 2TB of capacity and NVMe 4.0 capability
'UltraRAM' might make separate devices for computer storage and memory a thing of the past.
Second-gen PCIe 4.0 SSDs are still fresh out of the oven but Samsung's already showing off a blazing-fast PCIe 5.0 SSD that makes them look downright pokey.
The Sabrent Rocket 4 is well behind the PCIe 4 curve in synthetic benchmarks, but delivers good real world performance. It's a good cheaper option for your PC or PS5.
Adding an external SSD to your gaming laptop is a great way to expand your storage for holding games and making your game library portable. But you need to choose the right external SSD or you could sell your gaming performance short.
Whether you're looking for speed, capacity, portability, or all of the above, a USB external hard disk or SSD is a necessary complement to your desktop PC setup.
The Silicon Power XD80 delivers a lot of bang for the buck, though capacities other than 1TB are currently in short supply.
Samsung's 980 Pro is the best PCIe 4.0 SSD you can buy right now. We explain why, and what you need to know about ultra-fast PCIe 4.0 drives in general.
Adata's NVMe-based SD Express 7.0 card doubles UHS-II performance, and runs faster than a SATA SSD.
Latest News Articles
- Micron’s microscopic NVMe SSD packs 2TB of lightning-quick storage
- ‘UltraRAM’ breakthrough could merge storage and RAM into one component
- Samsung’s first PCIe 5.0 SSD is here and it’s stupidly fast
- Best external drives for backup, storage, and portability
- Adata’s first SD Express card is faster than an SSD
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple Breakfast: Dreaming of spring iPhones and iPads
- 2 How to cheat at Wordle
- 3 Google is wrong. Apple’s iMessage is actually a failure
- 4 Apple has an AirTag problem—here’s how to solve it
- 5 Wordle may be fixed, but the App Store is still a total mess
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?