Despite the promise of Blockchain technologies to bring better security to online transactions and business processes, its rapid growth and adoption is bringing new cyber risks with equal force that will likely evolve with continued success.
As reported by Reuters earlier this week, British mobile phone and electrical retail chain Dixons Carphone has reported their second major cyber attack in three years after discovering unauthorised access to the payment data of PC World retail customers.
Throughout May alone Avast Threat Labs saw the latest version of the adware on around 18,000 devices belonging to Avast users located in more than 100 countries including Russia, Italy, Germany, the UK and some users in the U.S.
Following reports that a woman in the United States had a conversation with her husband recorded and sent to an employee, Amazon have moved to assuage security concerns around their Amazon Echo smart speaker.
New European privacy regulations went into effect on 25 May that will force companies to be more attentive to how they handle customer data.
Latest News Articles
- Fortnite vulnerability could have enabled account hijacking
- McAfee releases 2019 Threat Predictions Report
- Malwarebytes releases 2018 Q3 Cybercrime Tactics and Techniques Report
- Cylance helps Australians stay smart online
- McAfee QTR detects 2018 threat activity
Most Popular Articles
- 1 One of the Pixel 4's best features won't come until after launch
- 2 Best Google Pixel 4 Vodafone Plans
- 3 Six-month-old Galaxy S10 bug lets strangers bypass your fingerprint scan, Samsung admits
- 4 Windows 7 pop-up warnings to update to Windows 10 will soon reappear
- 5 Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 vs Mac Pro: Can a thin, light laptop take down Apple's still-sold desktop?
Join the newsletter!
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?