When it comes to 3D printers, you'll be hard-pressed to find good ones for under $US500. The Micro 3D Printer from M3D started as a wildly successful crowdsourcing project, and I can see why. This adorable printer, which will just overlap the palm of your hand, is a reliable performer with only a few basic but important features.
Printers & Imaging
No one ever talks about scanners these days. At least not typical consumers, who often make do with the built-in scanner on a multifunction centre. However, for business users, a dedicated scanner can come in handy, especially when it's of the calibre of Brother's PDS-5000.
The cost of laser printers has come down dramatically over the years, making it more of an easy purchase than it used to be. For students and those just setting up a new home office, this means a mass printing device can be bought for very little initial outlay. However, the initial cost is often so low that it clouds the true ongoing running costs of the printer.
Orange. That's the colour of the Canon PIXMA MG7560 that we were sent to review, and it sure made some people in the office mad. "Great printer, but I want it in black", they said. Clashing home decor issues aside, the PIXMA MG7560 is indeed a great printer that can produce stunning quality for photographs and colour documents.
3D printing has lost its novelty value a bit, but new printing materials that MakerBot plans to release will soon make it a lot more interesting again.
A total of 26,800 3D printers were shipped globally in the first quarter of calendar 2014, and while enterprises still represent the majority of customers, the consumer sector is gaining traction, according to Canalys.
Buying a cheap printer such as the HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One is, for some people, a spur-of-the-moment decision these days, but it still helps to know what you're getting into when buying a sub-$100 printer. The main selling point of this model (apart from being a printer, scanner and copier) is its ability to print your documents and photos from anywhere, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
Inkjet technology isn’t often the go-to choice for big businesses looking to get things done quickly and efficiently, but HP wants to change that with its new Officejet Enterprise Colour MFP X585. It’s said to be able to print twice as fast as a comparable laser (up to 75 colour pages per minute in fast mode), while offering a low total cost per ownership and minimal maintenance requirements.
For $US59, the new Shapify.me service will turn a Kinect-based body scan into a three-dimensional figurine – all within the confines of the consumer’s home.
A group of scientists have warned that 3D printers can harm humans if they're not set up in the right environment, just a week after the first 3D printer was introduced to the high street.
Latest News Articles
- Brother pitch themselves at SMBs with new 'Inkvestment' options
- Canon unveils its latest range of Pixma Inkjet printers and CanoScan scanner series
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Macworld's February digital magazine: iPhone 12 vs. Android's best phones
- 2 How much of my budget should I spend on a graphics card? | Ask an expert
- 3 MagSafe and medical devices: Apple says keep them ‘a safe distance away’
- 4 Ryzen 5000 doubles AMD's gaming laptop share, but Nvidia still rules
- 5 How to buy the right-sized TV (the only problem is that it might not exist)
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?