In Barcelona, we will witness how artificial intelligence (AI) and intelligent technologies are becoming ingrained in peoples’ lives and jobs – and the growing interest in responsible AI.
Mobility & Wireless
D-Link has launched its latest Covr Seamless WI-Fi Mesh System, the Tri-Band Covr-2202.
From simple step counters, we have seen wearable technology evolve to include heart rate and sleep pattern monitoring as well as patients’ ability to measure blood pressure and other statistics, moving beyond the realms of merely well-being and fitness, and firmly into the field of health.
In Asia Pacific, an increasing number of companies are choosing to improve the efficiency of their field operations by deploying mobile technology throughout their workforce. Unfortunately, as these companies rush to embrace the business benefits mobile technology offers, many are selecting the wrong device for their needs. Consequently, they fail to realize these benefits or see a return on their mobility investment.
5G networks make sense in today’s digital world. Businesses are undergoing digital transformation, using technology so they can work smarter and take advantage of opportunities when they occur. A fast, mobile, flexible IT infrastructure is needed to meet these demands.
Only yesterday we reviewed the Google WiFi mesh sytem and raved about how it had rendered the entire wireless router-plus-range-extender way of networking obsolete. Now here’s Linksys with its rival Velop system.
BlackBerry said Wednesday it has been awarded US$815 million in an arbitration decision for excess royalties it had paid to chip company Qualcomm.
Routers may appear to be a dime a dozen in the consumer space. Many small businesses might be tempted with something like the excellent Linksys EA9500 with its fast WiFi and eight Ethernet ports, but it won’t be suited to many, advanced business needs. This is where you start needing to look at Draytek and, in particular the Vigor 2952.
We visited Cisco’s new Office in North Sydney. And we were envious. In this open plan environment with over 450 employees, Cisco doesn’t run out of room despite technically only providing under 200 desks. People can work where they want, use meeting rooms when they want, use big 4K monitors and sit down on $1500 chairs – or business class-like aeroplane loungers.
DrayTek has long been synonymous with business-focused routers and the Vigor 2860Vac is one of the company’s first to offer the faster 802.11ac wireless standard. This allows a theoretical throughput of 1,300Mb/s on its 5GHz band and 300Mb/s on the 2.4GHz band simultaneously. It’s also ‘nbn Ready’ in that it supports VDSL2 so Fibre-to-the-Node and Fibre-to-the-Basement internet connections should work fine.
Latest News Articles
- D-Link launches Tri-band Covr-2202 Seamless Wi-Fi Mesh System
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Taiwan fines Samsung for defaming HTC with fabricated reviews
- Ballmer strongly hints at Office for iPad and Android tablets
- Nokia has best quarter for Lumia smartphones sales, trims losses
Most Popular Articles
- 1 One of the Pixel 4's best features won't come until after launch
- 2 Best Google Pixel 4 Vodafone Plans
- 3 Six-month-old Galaxy S10 bug lets strangers bypass your fingerprint scan, Samsung admits
- 4 Windows 7 pop-up warnings to update to Windows 10 will soon reappear
- 5 Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 vs Mac Pro: Can a thin, light laptop take down Apple's still-sold desktop?
Join the newsletter!
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?