Welcome to the data decade, a new era that will see technology evolve further and require businesses to look at data more thoughtfully.
The Cloud. Marketed by public cloud providers as an agile, cure-all for businesses wanting to streamline and secure their corporate data. Despite this, many Australian IT professionals spearheading the move to cloud-based infrastructure are doing so without fully understanding the potential risks.
The road to cloud is far from easy. It takes work, but the benefits of greater agility, increased innovation and speed-to-market, instant scaling and provisioning, team alignment, reduced dependency on your hosting provider’s staff and skills, and ability to tweak performance versus cost metrics are immeasurable.
The rise in cloud adoption is indisputable, but in the rush to innovate companies end up working in multi-cloud and siloed environments, which leads to conflicting projects, out of control cost spirals, and new cyber risks.
As organisations move away from traditional monolithic software in favour of SaaS applications that provide ultra-specialised functionality, many are knowingly—and sometimes unknowingly—creating multi-cloud environments.
The wave of digital transformation has left companies racing to improve end-user experiences, part of which involves improving developer operations to achieve greater business outcomes.
In a post-GDPR world, organisations can no longer afford to take risks when it comes to securing applications in the cloud.
To get you started on the journey to cloud fluency, here’s a comprehensive guide of key terms that will help you engage in critical discussions about the future of technology at your institution:
Data centre operators are under pressure to ensure their infrastructure has the capacity to meet future demand and velocity requirements
While the common misconception among Australian businesses is that the GDPR will have no effect on their business, the reverse holds true.
Latest News Articles
- 2020 and beyond: Emerging possibilities, emerging threats
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- How Goldman Sachs and Bank of America use the cloud and containers
- Rage against the Microsoft as unlimited OneDrive storage promise dies
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition review: Staggeringly powerful
- 2 Windows 10's October 2020 Update is ready to download
- 3 Apple Watch Series 3 vs SE vs Series 6: Cut through the specs and get the most for your money
- 4 Windows 10 October 2020 Update review: Microsoft nudges Windows ahead slightly
- 5 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 tested: 5 key things you need to know
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?