Welcome to the data decade, a new era that will see technology evolve further and require businesses to look at data more thoughtfully.
The Cloud. Marketed by public cloud providers as an agile, cure-all for businesses wanting to streamline and secure their corporate data. Despite this, many Australian IT professionals spearheading the move to cloud-based infrastructure are doing so without fully understanding the potential risks.
The road to cloud is far from easy. It takes work, but the benefits of greater agility, increased innovation and speed-to-market, instant scaling and provisioning, team alignment, reduced dependency on your hosting provider’s staff and skills, and ability to tweak performance versus cost metrics are immeasurable.
The rise in cloud adoption is indisputable, but in the rush to innovate companies end up working in multi-cloud and siloed environments, which leads to conflicting projects, out of control cost spirals, and new cyber risks.
As organisations move away from traditional monolithic software in favour of SaaS applications that provide ultra-specialised functionality, many are knowingly—and sometimes unknowingly—creating multi-cloud environments.
The wave of digital transformation has left companies racing to improve end-user experiences, part of which involves improving developer operations to achieve greater business outcomes.
In a post-GDPR world, organisations can no longer afford to take risks when it comes to securing applications in the cloud.
To get you started on the journey to cloud fluency, here’s a comprehensive guide of key terms that will help you engage in critical discussions about the future of technology at your institution:
Data centre operators are under pressure to ensure their infrastructure has the capacity to meet future demand and velocity requirements
While the common misconception among Australian businesses is that the GDPR will have no effect on their business, the reverse holds true.
Latest News Articles
- 2020 and beyond: Emerging possibilities, emerging threats
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- How Goldman Sachs and Bank of America use the cloud and containers
- Rage against the Microsoft as unlimited OneDrive storage promise dies
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Apple Breakfast: Dreaming of spring iPhones and iPads
- 2 How to cheat at Wordle
- 3 Google is wrong. Apple’s iMessage is actually a failure
- 4 Apple has an AirTag problem—here’s how to solve it
- 5 Wordle may be fixed, but the App Store is still a total mess
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?