With so many thrilling movies being released to Blu-ray every week, it’s quite hard to keep track of each one of them even for the avid loves of film and cinema. But you can’t look away. In fact, there is nothing worse than a blind buy that ends up b...
PC Components - Features
The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake...
Forget about third-party overclocking tools. The new WattMan panel in AMD's Radeon Crimson software gives Radeon RX 480 owners everything they need to crank their graphics cards to 11.
We covered a lot at Computex this year. It also took a long time to collate it all. Here are the slideshows and features covering all the VR demos, casemods, components, overclocking and gaming peripherals (plus all kinds of mad stuff) from this yea...
These booths looked interesting from the outside but were less exciting within. Or the other way round.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
A top-class overclocking tournament, hi-vis booth babes, record-breaking RAM, G.Skill caught people's attention.
Cooler Master's VR parachute demo arguably stole the show at Computex, but it had little to do with new products.
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
It's quite something when it's fans that impress you the most.
Case modding is one of the fastest-growing areas in the, erm, PC World.
Gigabyte is finally making cool-looking motherboards. It's going gangbusters with gaming and VR. And we see how to overlap fans!
Today Ballistix became its own brand (no longer a sub-brand of Crucial which becomes a sibling rather than a parent brand). It also showed off its first NVMe drive.
Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
We've got some great PC components in our lab - all waiting to build an awesome test rig. But one is an Intel 750-series SSD with a U.2 connector. Trouble is, motherboards with U.2 connectors are incredibly hard to find - only some high-end Asus mot...
Latest News Articles
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
- AMD busts Ryzen performance myths, clearing Windows 10 from blame
- Nvidia supercharges GeForce DirectX 12 performance with new Game Ready driver
Most Popular Articles
- 1 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- 2 Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- 3 LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- 4 Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- 5 Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?