Samsung's Galaxy Tab just can't beat the iPad, with 85 percent of U.S. consumers preferring Apple's tablet to Samsung's, according to a recent consumer survey. The results are based on a study conducted by investment firm Piper Jaffray, which surveye...
Notebooks - News
The race to become the most popular e-reading in the United States is down to Apple's iPad and Amazon's Kindle, according to a recent survey of 2,800 e-reader users by ChangeWave Research. ChangeWave found that Kindle's market share dropped in Novemb...
Acer executives on Tuesday previewed tablet computers planned for release next year, including three Android-based devices and one that runs Windows. They also detailed plans to introduce a portable computer that has the form factor of a laptop but r...
Shortly after Kinect's launch, it was either hacked or "accessed in a way not facilitated by the designer," depending on your definition of the term. Microsoft's response was swift and disapproving, stating it "does not condone the modification of it...
<a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/210642/hacker_unlocks_kinects_3d_camera_augmented_reality_next.html"> Kinect</a> seems to be off to a rousing start if Microsoft's math adds up. The company claims its motion sensor for Xbox 360 sold--that's so...
Advanced Micro Devices has started shipping units of the first low-power Fusion chips for use in consumer laptops and netbooks, a company official said on Tuesday.
Samsung said it will likely sell one million Galaxy Tabs by the end of the year, but what do theoretical sales really mean, especially when Apple has already sold seven million iPads this year? For Samsung, one million units would mean a tidy profit ...
Microsoft's <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/714802/review/microsoft_kinect.html">Kinect motion controller for Xbox 360</a> has been out in the wild for 24 hours and what a bumpy ride it's been so far. Before most stores had even open...
A 22-year-old Jacksonville mother shook her baby to death while playing Farmville, and has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and could face life in prison.
Although sales of Apple's iPad haven't panicked PC makers yet, trends by tablet owners may give laptop manufacturers some sleepless nights next year, a market research analyst said today.
After some 15 years of half-hearted efforts, misguided designs, and broken promises, the age of the tablet is dawning at last.
Problem-solving skills used in one of -- if not the most -- <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/202278/starcraft_ii_in_review_media_love_player_plaudits.html?tk=rel_news">popular real-time strategy games </a>of all time are not unlike those used ...
Smaller and power-efficient laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Fusion hybrid chips will reach shelves "early next year," company officials said on Tuesday.
Netbooks are cheaper, lighter and generally operate more slowly than an ordinary laptop -- but should their expected lifespan be shorter?
In lieu of concrete details on any other Android tablets, Samsung's Galaxy tablet could be the first genuine iPad competitor to talk about in months.
Latest News Articles
- Tile has just made your Lenovo X1 ThinkPad laptop almost impossible to lose
- HP’s new flock of Dragonfly laptops offer svelte power in Chrome, Windows flavors
- Asus announces a massive 17-inch Windows tablet with a folding screen
- Dell reveals Concept Luna, a radically compelling vision for sustainable laptops
- Huawei’s Aussie Black Friday deals roll into December in 2021
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to undervolt your graphics card
- 2 Intel 12th-gen laptops are here: 5 things you need to know
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 review: A truly modern GPU for the masses (hopefully)
- 4 EcoFlow Delta Mini Portable Power Station review: What can’t it do?
- 5 Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT review: Affordable, quiet, and smart
Join the newsletter!
- This adorable AirTag is one of the rarest Apple devices ever made
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?