I'm a bit self-indulgent at first, here, I admit. But stick with it, it has actual game stuff!
Notebooks - Features
Confusion reigned at the God of War: Ascension reveal in Santa Monica: until the Q & A session immediately after a live gameplay demonstration, a considerable portion of the press audience (myself included) thought they were watching a co-op camp...
Despite the fact that the word is in Thatgamecompany’s name, the company doesn’t actually specialise in games - not really, anyway. Journey, like Thatgamecompany’s previous titles Flower and Flow, is as much about creating an emotio...
The PlayStation Vita has officially gone on sale in New Zealand stores. We've either finished or played the demo for most of the launch titles, as well as some upcoming games, and can tell you which ones are worth checking out, and which ones you mig...
On Auckland's iconic Karangahape "K" Rd, there's an office building featuring walls of green and blue glass. Inside are rooms inspired by shipping containers. Several floors up, there's an office that houses an equally colourful game development comp...
For a guy who's just arrived in New Zealand from Los Angeles the day before, Keith Guerrette doesn't seem particularly jetlagged as he talks me through a level of Uncharted 3 called 'Burning Chateau'. Unsurprisingly, our main character Nathan Drake i...
If you’ve ever tried in earnest to finish Doom II, you’ll know rage. But you won’t know Rage, the upcoming title from developer id Software. For the first time in more than a decade, the company is about to introduce an entirely new...
Sales of laptops are outpacing those of desktops, even as PC gaming has undergone a revival in the past couple of years. So it’s natural that laptop owners would want to play games on their mobile PCs.
Longing for high-definition video and graphically-intensive games, beyond your CPU’s onboard graphics capabilities? PC World rounds up standalone graphics cards from industry leaders AMD and Nvidia, to help you make the best buying decision for...
When the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 in 2005, I, like many gamers, wrote it off as a gimmick. After all, part of being a gamer was being a slob on the couch, eating the Official Food of Gaming (pizza) and drinking the Official Drink of Gam...
Tired of the stale cookie-cutter designs that make all laptops look basically alike? You're not alone. A group of intrepid designers and engineers is doing something about the "sameness syndrome" that permeates notebook design. They're working on gro...
Latest News Articles
- Huawei’s Aussie Black Friday deals roll into December in 2021
- Dynabook’s new Satellite Pro laptops will keep germs at bay
- Huawei upgrades cross-device technologies in new MateBook laptops
- What Apple’s new M1 Max MacBook Pro means for the PC’s USB-C future
- Evaluating PC Performance Before You Buy? Here’s What You Need to Know
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Why you should shop Black Friday and Cyber Monday using Microsoft Edge
- 2 Chromebooks versus Windows laptops: Which should you buy?
- 3 Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!
- 4 This Aussie Black Friday deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a real gem
- 5 Why you should upgrade to Wi-Fi 6/6E
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?