I have a thing for zombies. When I first started to hear about zombie survival mod DayZ, my ears pricked up, and reading a couple of experiental pieces on PC gaming website Rock, Paper, Shotgun got me even more interested.
Notebooks - Features
Lights are flashing. I hear the rumble of 47,000 people talking, their voices mingling with the beeps and boops, the music and sound effects, the shouts of congratulations or groans of failure. Around me, there are giant replicas made of plastic, rub...
I'm a bit self-indulgent at first, here, I admit. But stick with it, it has actual game stuff!
Confusion reigned at the God of War: Ascension reveal in Santa Monica: until the Q & A session immediately after a live gameplay demonstration, a considerable portion of the press audience (myself included) thought they were watching a co-op camp...
Despite the fact that the word is in Thatgamecompany’s name, the company doesn’t actually specialise in games - not really, anyway. Journey, like Thatgamecompany’s previous titles Flower and Flow, is as much about creating an emotio...
The PlayStation Vita has officially gone on sale in New Zealand stores. We've either finished or played the demo for most of the launch titles, as well as some upcoming games, and can tell you which ones are worth checking out, and which ones you mig...
On Auckland's iconic Karangahape "K" Rd, there's an office building featuring walls of green and blue glass. Inside are rooms inspired by shipping containers. Several floors up, there's an office that houses an equally colourful game development comp...
For a guy who's just arrived in New Zealand from Los Angeles the day before, Keith Guerrette doesn't seem particularly jetlagged as he talks me through a level of Uncharted 3 called 'Burning Chateau'. Unsurprisingly, our main character Nathan Drake i...
If you’ve ever tried in earnest to finish Doom II, you’ll know rage. But you won’t know Rage, the upcoming title from developer id Software. For the first time in more than a decade, the company is about to introduce an entirely new...
Sales of laptops are outpacing those of desktops, even as PC gaming has undergone a revival in the past couple of years. So it’s natural that laptop owners would want to play games on their mobile PCs.
Longing for high-definition video and graphically-intensive games, beyond your CPU’s onboard graphics capabilities? PC World rounds up standalone graphics cards from industry leaders AMD and Nvidia, to help you make the best buying decision for...
When the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 in 2005, I, like many gamers, wrote it off as a gimmick. After all, part of being a gamer was being a slob on the couch, eating the Official Food of Gaming (pizza) and drinking the Official Drink of Gam...
Tired of the stale cookie-cutter designs that make all laptops look basically alike? You're not alone. A group of intrepid designers and engineers is doing something about the "sameness syndrome" that permeates notebook design. They're working on gro...
Latest News Articles
- Dell offers insights on 5G, foldables and the future of XPS
- Samsung's latest Snapdragon-powered laptop arrives on Jan 31
- How foldables fit into the next phase of Intel’s Project Athena
- Dell can't choose between dual-screen or foldable PCs - so they brought both to CES 2020
- MSI show off Mini-LED laptop for content creators
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Lenovo announces major ThinkPad refresh, including AMD's mobile Ryzen 4000 chips
- 2 Huawei set a date for the P40's Paris premiere
- 3 Bethesda just pulled it games from Nvidia's GeForce Now, and that sucks
- 4 Ring, smart security, police partnerships and the alternatives you should know about
- 5 Microsoft tasks Defender anti-malware with securing corporate Android and iOS phones
Join the newsletter!
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs S20+ vs S20 Ultra
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?