Our oceans are a common pool resource. We as individuals, communities and businesses have the right to enjoy them, but also a responsibility to protect them.
Notebooks - Features
Venom is a global laptop company based in Australia and we’ve been impressed with its products (like the Venom Blackbook 15X and the Blackbook 13 Zero) before. It’s built up a sizeable, cult following quite simply because it believes in making the be...
After using Surface Book i7 with Performance Base every day for a moth, senior writer Sarah K. White offers her impression of the Surface Book 2.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake...
Intel's Optane (3D Xpoint) memory, which could be 1,000 times faster than NAND flash, is due out next year, making it a suitable candidate for Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro. Optane will be compatible with the NVMe protocol, which Apple has been...
Apple has made the case that the iPad Pro, whether the 9.7-in. tablet or its larger 12.9-in. sibling, is a more-than-adequate replacement for a personal computer for some buyers.
Huawei released the Matebook, the latest 12-inch hybrid tablet aimed at changing the way you perform daily computing tasks. However, this device is bigger on looks than it is on brains.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
Despite firmware and driver updates, users are reporting persistent problems with Microsoft's three-day-old laptop and tablet
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
The ThinkPad Yoga is basically a regular laptop first and foremost and it doesn't have the bulk or awkwardness that are usually associated with other Windows 2-in-1 hybrid devices. There is no separation between the screen and the body, and the only...
A lot of us have network attached storage (NAS) devices on which we store all our music, videos, photos, and other personal files. It's a central storage location that's accessible to all computers and compatible media streamers on a network if it's ...
Here are some of the best Windows-based laptops we've reviewed so far in 2014.
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- 2 Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- 3 Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- 4 Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- 5 Move over, NES Classic? A tiny retro Super Nintendo may be coming this year
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?