Mesh routers may be newer than traditional routers, but they’re not inherently better. We break nodown of the pros and cons of each to help you pick between them.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Features
When it comes to setting your home up with Wi-Fi it's easy to get stumped on the question of which Wi-Fi type is best: A traditional home router, or one of the new Wi-Fi mesh systems? Here are the basics to help you make the right decision.
There are a variety of products that are meant to increase the range of your Wi-Fi network to the furthest reaches of your home and even your yard. Know the differences so you can choose the option that best meets your needs.
If you’ve decided to make your next home Wi-Fi system a Mesh one, it’s worth knowing the pros and cons of each solution on the market.
Here are our picks for the best computers of 2018:
Symantec have confirmed their Norton Core router will be coming to Australia and shown it off at this year's CeBIT.
While the rest of the world watched Drake and Ninja stream Fortnite, we were at the launch of Netgear's XR500 gaming router.
2018 is shaping up to be a big year for networking brands like D-Link. They showed off some of what they have planned at this year's CES.
Netgear were firing on all cylinders at this year's CES. The company announced new Arlo, Orbi and Nighthawk hardware and also buffered the software side of the equation by announcing partnerships with Bitdefender and Circle. Here's a quick look at wh...
Our time at the ASUS booth at CES 2018 focused mostly on the products that are likely to come to the Australian market. However, there was a lot of other, more radical items we were able to see for ourselves.
There weren’t many big game-changing surprises, but there were a lot of awesome notebooks, storage and networking products in 2017. Here are our picks for the best.
Why data centre solutions must provide predictable performance, fast deployment, flexibility and scalability
Clive Hogg, Technical Manager, Corning Optical Communications, examines the key technologies, from cabling to network architecture, that are enabling data centres to meet demands for uninterrupted user experience in the era of big data.
Routers may appear to be a dime a dozen in the consumer space. Many small businesses might be tempted with something like the excellent Linksys EA9500 with its fast WiFi and eight Ethernet ports, but it won’t be suited to many, advanced business need...
We visited Cisco’s new Office in North Sydney. And we were envious. In this open plan environment with over 450 employees, Cisco doesn’t run out of room despite technically only providing under 200 desks. People can work where they want, use meeting ...
Here are the broad strokes about 802.11ad, the wireless technology that’s just starting to hit the market.
Latest News Articles
- Netgear reveals the world’s first quad-band Wi-Fi 6E router
- TP-Link’s Archer GX90 AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 gaming router
- Research: 1 in 16 home routers can be hacked
- The Super Bowl won’t be in 4K or HDR this year
- D-Link's D-Fend router arrives on Australian shores
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Best way to get the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro in Australia
- 2 Google’s big, bold Pixel 6 takes aim at Apple and Samsung
- 3 How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
- 4 Are we really getting mad at the iPhone 14 already?
- 5 How to sell or trade in your old Mac and save on a new one
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?