LG announced on Monday that it will introduce a thinner and lighter touch LCD for 14- and 15.6-inch laptops later in 2015. The new display uses LG's Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, which achieves extra thinness by embedding the touch capability within the LCD itself. Traditional touch displays require three layers that include the protective glass, a touch layer, and the LCD panel.
Viewsonic’s VX2363SMHL (VX63) monitor is a 23in LED-backlit LCD monitor with a slim and lightweight design. It has a Full HD resolution and a response time of 2ms, and it’s aimed primarily at those of you who want an inexpensive screen for everyday, non-colour critical tasks.
LG Electronics is planning to show three monitors at IFA in Berlin, including a curved ultrawide model and a new 4K display.
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
BenQ monitors generally sit at the low- to mid-point of the LCD market. They’re usually attractively priced, tending towards smaller sizes and simpler designs to stay competitive. This means the RL2450H is one of the larger BenQ monitors available, beaten only by a few 27-inch panels.
Apple has been awarded a U.S. patent for a display system that would allow multiple viewers to see a high-quality 3D image projected on a screen without the need for special glasses, regardless of where they are sitting.
Samsung has demonstrated a world first at a display conference in the US - a computer monitor that's powered solely via USB.
A South Korean executive with LG Display has agreed to plead guilty and serve a year in prison for participating in a global conspiracy to fix the prices of TFT-LCD (thin-film transistor liquid crystal display) panels, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Latest News Articles
- Something for everybody in Acer’s new models
- Samsung’s Odyssey line to make an Australian debut with new gaming monitor
- ASUS deploy Mini-LED and 360Hz panels in latest ROG gaming monitor lineup
- PAX AUS 2019: Samsung show off two new curved gaming monitors
- IFA 2019: LG get in on the 244Hz action with new UltraGear monitors
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- 2 The best Dell Inspiron laptops: All the new models, features, pricing and more
- 3 Apple’s homegrown 5G modem reportedly won’t be arriving anytime soon
- 4 Nvidia's GeForce RTX 3050 GPUs finally bring ray tracing and DLSS to the laptop masses
- 5 Google will make two-factor authentication mandatory soon
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?