LG's Optimus 2X is one of the first dual-core Android smartphones to reach Australian shores. The handset is not being distrusted by a carrier; instead it will be distributed through Harvey Norman for $649.
Smartphones - Reviews
With much fanfare and the usual lengthy queues, the Apple iPad 2 was launched mid-March. New in this version are the cameras at front and rear, a more slimline and lightweight design, and the choice of black or white front surround. Apart from those...
This month Samsung will storm into Vodafone stores with a selection of smartphones and a new tablet – and they will all be running the latest version of Android.
This a hands-on preview for a US version of the iPad, so features may differ slightly. We'll review the New Zealand version of the tablet as soon as we get a device.
My first impression of the Motorola Flipout was positive. The way the screen flips clockwise to expose the QWERTY keyboard underneath reminded me of the T-Mobile Sidekick, an American phone that never made it here but was one of the few really good ...
If you’ve become accustomed to $1,000 price tags on smartphones, then pay attention because Huawei and 2degrees are offering the IDEOS U8150 Android 2.2 handset for just $379. Of course, there are going to be some trade offs for that lower pri...
Samsung’s Galaxy S boasts a gorgeous Super AMOLED display and a bevvy of multimedia features, but its TouchWiz interface isn’t for everybody, and in my tests the phone was a bit sluggish at times.
My introduction to Microsoft’s new mobile platform came in the form of the HTC 7 Trophy; the gaming-orientated member of HTC’s Windows Phone 7-based range. The idea is to capitalise on WP7’s integration with Xbox LIVE, and deliver ...
In October 2010 when it passed through our labs, the Nexus One was perhaps the most aesthetically attractive and big-name Android smartphone available in New Zealand. It was launched by Google in the US in January 2010, but only reached New Zealand ...
So where do we start with our Nokia N8 review? Nokia, one of the world's largest mobile phone manufacturers, has been doing it tough in recent years. Despite Symbian being the world's most popular mobile operating system, the company has struggled to...
Live traffic updates have taken an age to reach New Zealand in-car GPS units but they have finally arrived in Navman’s new MY Series. We got our hands on a MY65T model, which sits between the basic MY60T and the upsized MY75T.
I’ve been a BlackBerry Pearl user for some years now, having had the 8110 since it was launched. Admittedly, even then its lack of 3G was a bit naff (BlackBerry was very slow to come to the 3G party) but I really liked the pocket-friendly form...
A good in-car GPS should get you from A to B quickly, preferably without the need to open any farm gates. That may sound like a given, but the reality is that many devices have a tendency to lead you down the garden path, particularly in rural New Z...
With the release of its new Xperia X10 smartphone – an Android device with an impressive four-inch touchscreen – Sony Ericsson saw an opportunity to capture a broader segment of consumers by offering two miniature versions: the Xperia X1...
The latest TomTom model to reach New Zealand features a 5-inch touchscreen and a few new features that will prove particularly useful for city-dwellers.
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 6: Cheapest way to get it in Australia this Black Friday
- This Aussie Black Friday deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a real gem
- Telstra’s Black Friday sale includes tech and accessories
- Oppo slashes popular phone prices for Australian Black Friday 2021
- Vodafone offers deal on entire Samsung S21 Series
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Windows 10 settings superguide: Get personal with your PC
- 2 Dell Inspiron 14 2-in-1 review: Nice features on a budget
- 3 This simple tip will turn your iPhone into a music genius
- 4 Apple’s M3 chips reportedly on track for 2023 as next-gen cycle begins
- 5 These are the top Apple apps and games of 2021
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?