The Nubia Z20 is more of a curiosity than commendable.
Smartphones - Reviews
The Moto G8 Plus is great in all the ways that modern Motorola phones are but doesn’t really move the needle towards a place where they can readily compete with the increased competition in this particular price-segment.
The Motorola One Macro is no flagship but it nails the essentials - which is the most important thing for a $300 phone like it.
There are phones that are difficult to recommend - and there’s the Mate 30 Pro.
It costs a pretty penny, but you’re paying for the best
Even at the best of times, it feels like the RealMe 5 is making do with limited resources and while I was sometimes pleasantly surprised by how it fared, it rarely excited or delighted me in the way that other budget phones this year have.
If you’re looking for a phone at the $500 price-point, you could do a lot worse than the RealMe XT.
The Fold is innately compelling, truly innovative and impossibly expensive.
The Google Pixel 4 feels like the most iPhone-inspired Pixel to date but, for all the ways it improves on the formula, it dilutes a lot of the charm that previous models embodied.
Devices like the Pixel 3a, Reno Z and Galaxy A-series are pushing boundaries for just how good a phone you can get when it comes to the mid-tier. By comparison, the Huawei P30 Lite feels like a beast of bygone era.
Wait a few months, shave off a couple hundred dollars and the LG G8S ThinQ starts to look pretty good.
If $499 is all you have to spend, you’re probably not gonna complain too much about what the Reno Z has to offer.
Where other budget brands are subtractive and concerned with how much they can strip out of a flagship or mid-tier proposition, TCL’s Alcatel 3 feels like a foundation and something that’s building towards something.
You miss out on a few things like wireless charging but, for the asking price, we’d still rate the Huawei P30 as an incredibly competitive package.
For most people, the Moto G7 Plus will do a fine job of handling your day-to-day demands. For those who need it to push a little further, it’ll do that too.
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 6: Cheapest way to get it in Australia this Black Friday
- This Aussie Black Friday deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a real gem
- Telstra’s Black Friday sale includes tech and accessories
- Oppo slashes popular phone prices for Australian Black Friday 2021
- Vodafone offers deal on entire Samsung S21 Series
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Windows 10 settings superguide: Get personal with your PC
- 2 Dell Inspiron 14 2-in-1 review: Nice features on a budget
- 3 This simple tip will turn your iPhone into a music genius
- 4 Apple’s M3 chips reportedly on track for 2023 as next-gen cycle begins
- 5 These are the top Apple apps and games of 2021
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?