Even if it fails to unlock the potential of what it’s trying to do, I think there’s something decidedly compelling about the new ideas that Youngblood tries to bring to the franchise.
Games - Reviews
Rage 2 resuscitates a franchise that was arguably dead on arrival.
Bloodstained isn’t just a memorial to the Castlevania games of days past, it feels like a foundation for the series’ future.
Published by Devolver Digital and pitched as a CatMechtroidvania, Gato Roboto is a 2D platformer with a cute two-tone aesthetic, old-school level design and a protagonist as charming as they come.
Not content with just doing justice to its setting or being just another verse in a long-running tune, Total War: Three Kingdoms soars where lesser titles stumble and cements itself nicely as the series’ new gold standard.
There’s always something to gripe about in this turn-based, procedurally-generated, node-to-node, adventure.
Generation Zero is ambitious but deeply flawed in a way that feels almost impossible to look past. It’s at times visually-striking and conceptually-endearing but all too often those qualities are stifled by the myriad ways in which the game feels bro...
Sekiro manages borrows plenty of influences but stands tall as its own beast. It’s part Souls, part stealth game and boasts a bevy of memorable moments that I suspect will see the game enshrined as a future classic.
The CoolerMaster CM310 is a surprisingly affordable alternative that ticks all the boxes and delivers the goods.
Devil May Cry V succeeds in recapturing the zest of the series' past but is ill-equipped to evolve beyond it.
Wargroove is as much a throwback to Advance Wars as it is a subtle evolution of the formula.
Some might say you can’t teach an old laptop new tricks, but the new Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 begs to differ.
Anthem is uplifted by a unique setting, stunning visuals and thrilling sense of scale and speed. However, it’s brought back down to earth by a thousand inevitable comparisons that leave it wanting.
Apex Legends is the gaming year’s first big surprise and an impressive free-to-play debut from Respawn.
Sunless Skies offers a world of few limits and rich storytelling but its open-ended design isn’t going to be for everyone.
Latest News Articles
- Seagate says cloud gaming isn't a threat
- EVE Online begins its inevitable expansion to mobile
- WoW Classic is coming much sooner than you’d think
- Lionsgate, Good Shepherd and Mike Bithell team up on John Wick Hex
- Intel don’t expect Google Stadia will affect core PC gamers
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Lenovo are "putting the ThinkPad reputation on the line" with first foldable PC
- 2 Dell's OptiPlex 7070 Ultra is a mini-PC that fits into a monitor stand
- 3 New Windows 10 build adds GPU temp monitoring, desktop renaming, and Settings updates
- 4 Google shows off Stadia streaming games: Cyberpunk 2077, Mortal Kombat 11, and more
- 5 Curved gaming now comes in 240Hz
Join the newsletter!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Note 10+ vs Note 10+ 5G
- Beats PowerBeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones review: A debut worth the wait
- Trump tariffs on Chinese goods could cost you $120 more for notebook PCs, say Dell, HP and CTA
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?