Considering the costs of hardware, network management software and the skills and expertise required to build secure and scalable enterprise networks, especially today’s hybrid wired, wireless, virtualised and ‘in the cloud’ configu...
Games - Features
Insomniac Games' upcoming shooter, Fuse, started its life as a different beast. The company has been working on the game for three years, but it first made its debut on the stage at EA's E3 showcase in 2011. Back then, it was called OverStrike, and t...
With a 3D printer that costs less than $3,000, you can start your own mini manufacturing operation -- and use open source software to create surprisingly complex designs
Forge is a new kind of game, made from pieces of an old kind of game. Several old kinds of games, actually. And it's running hot on Steam.
PC gaming is primed for a renaissance—or at least a reinvention—like we haven’t seen since the advent of 3D acceleration in the late 1990s. For this, we can thank the mobile revolution and all its attendant technologies. Game developers can now tap i...
Nintendo's Wii U gaming console hits store shelves in the United States on Sunday, November 18, and the new console is already garnering criticism for missing some key features Nintendo promised.
There was only one game at the PlayStation booth at the recent EB Expo that consistently had a line of people waiting to play it. Assassin's Creed: Liberation, maybe? LittleBigPlanet? Need For Speed? Nope. It was upcoming brawler, PlayStation All-Sta...
The recent release of the Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm beta brings some changes to a game that developers have been tweaking since the Wings of Liberty release in July 2010. So what works and what doesn’t?
I have a thing for zombies. When I first started to hear about zombie survival mod DayZ, my ears pricked up, and reading a couple of experiental pieces on PC gaming website Rock, Paper, Shotgun got me even more interested.
Lights are flashing. I hear the rumble of 47,000 people talking, their voices mingling with the beeps and boops, the music and sound effects, the shouts of congratulations or groans of failure. Around me, there are giant replicas made of plastic, rub...
I'm a bit self-indulgent at first, here, I admit. But stick with it, it has actual game stuff!
Despite the fact that the word is in Thatgamecompany’s name, the company doesn’t actually specialise in games - not really, anyway. Journey, like Thatgamecompany’s previous titles Flower and Flow, is as much about creating an emotio...
The PlayStation Vita has officially gone on sale in New Zealand stores. We've either finished or played the demo for most of the launch titles, as well as some upcoming games, and can tell you which ones are worth checking out, and which ones you mig...
On Auckland's iconic Karangahape "K" Rd, there's an office building featuring walls of green and blue glass. Inside are rooms inspired by shipping containers. Several floors up, there's an office that houses an equally colourful game development comp...
For a guy who's just arrived in New Zealand from Los Angeles the day before, Keith Guerrette doesn't seem particularly jetlagged as he talks me through a level of Uncharted 3 called 'Burning Chateau'. Unsurprisingly, our main character Nathan Drake i...
Latest News Articles
- Overwatch is coming to the Switch
- Seagate says cloud gaming isn't a threat
- EVE Online begins its inevitable expansion to mobile
- WoW Classic is coming much sooner than you’d think
- Lionsgate, Good Shepherd and Mike Bithell team up on John Wick Hex
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Logitech MX Master 3 review: A marvelous mouse
- 2 HP S430c 43.4-inch Curved Ultrawide monitor: This eye-popping 4K display controls two PCs at once
- 3 Giveaway: Enter to win a Huawei MateBook 13
- 4 Steam's wonderful Library Update beta is finally live: Here's how to get it
- 5 Lenovo says cloud storage killed the laptop SD card slot
Join the newsletter!
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?