Despite the fact that the word is in Thatgamecompany’s name, the company doesn’t actually specialise in games - not really, anyway. Journey, like Thatgamecompany’s previous titles Flower and Flow, is as much about creating an emotio...
Games - Features
The PlayStation Vita has officially gone on sale in New Zealand stores. We've either finished or played the demo for most of the launch titles, as well as some upcoming games, and can tell you which ones are worth checking out, and which ones you mig...
On Auckland's iconic Karangahape "K" Rd, there's an office building featuring walls of green and blue glass. Inside are rooms inspired by shipping containers. Several floors up, there's an office that houses an equally colourful game development comp...
For a guy who's just arrived in New Zealand from Los Angeles the day before, Keith Guerrette doesn't seem particularly jetlagged as he talks me through a level of Uncharted 3 called 'Burning Chateau'. Unsurprisingly, our main character Nathan Drake i...
If you’ve ever tried in earnest to finish Doom II, you’ll know rage. But you won’t know Rage, the upcoming title from developer id Software. For the first time in more than a decade, the company is about to introduce an entirely new...
Sales of laptops are outpacing those of desktops, even as PC gaming has undergone a revival in the past couple of years. So it’s natural that laptop owners would want to play games on their mobile PCs.
Longing for high-definition video and graphically-intensive games, beyond your CPU’s onboard graphics capabilities? PC World rounds up standalone graphics cards from industry leaders AMD and Nvidia, to help you make the best buying decision for...
The news we saw from Electronic Arts today is glimpse at the inevitable future of the games market. The company made two very large announcements today, each pointing to a new direction for its business moving forward, but most tellingly we saw it pu...
SPORE is the latest brainchild from The Sims creator Will Wright
Lost Odyssey is the latest RPG epic from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi; and one of the few games of its ilk for the Xbox 360. For a glimpse at Lost Odyssey's majestic vistas and compelling characters, feast your eyes on the following slide...
Latest News Articles
- Razer buff stereo headphones to surround sound with new THX Spatial Audio app
- Riot explain what's in store for the future of Legends of Runeterra
- Riot prep Valorant for global launch on June 2nd
- 2K are remaking the original Mafia
- Devolver Digital discounts their entire catalogue for podcast launch
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Dell XPS 15 9500 Review: Buy this laptop instead of a MacBook Pro 16
- 2 PCWorld's July Digital Magazine: The $1,001 Question
- 3 How home router manufacturers dropped the ball on security
- 4 How to fix audio problems on your Windows PC
- 5 Reddit, LinkedIn, TikTok will issue updates to stop apps from copying the clipboard in iOS 14
Join the newsletter!
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?