Microsoft was hit with a double whammy last month as it made scant progress in either boosting the usage share of Windows 8 or depressing the share of Windows XP, new data published showed.
Desktop PCs - News
Don't blame Windows 8 for plummeting PC sales, a retail analyst at NPD Group said today.
The U.S. distributor of the $25 Raspberry Pi computer quickly exhausted its limited supply of the devices Monday.
Asustek has announced it will soon begin U.S. shipments of an all-in-one PC that can be an Android 4.1 tablet, or a fully functional desktop running Windows 8 when attached to a docking station.
Worldwide PC shipments dropped in 2012 on an annual basis for the first time in more than a decade and that is expected to continue this year, research firm IDC said on Monday.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Google's personal assistant for its Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system is coming to the Internet search leader's Chrome browser.
Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Hewlett-Packard has twice revised its message to customers about downgrading new PCs equipped with Windows 8 to the older Windows 7 in an attempt to clarify its position.
Microsoft's launch of Windows 8 amid great fanfare yesterday left many users wondering whether the new operating system can prove a big boost to the ailing PC market.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has revealed some interesting opinions about some of Apple's products that failed in an interview.
The early brunt of a hard-drive shortage resulting from widespread flooding in Thailand is falling on small PC makers, who are raising computer prices to stem losses.
Acer recently announced four new all-in-one PCs just in time for the holidays or those looking for a new multitouch desktop PC before the expected debut of <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/242854/windows_8_desktop_gets_a_taste_of_metro.html">t...
With cheap storage readily available, the temptation to build vast libraries of music, movies, photos, and documents is ever present. But when each PC in your home is packed to its aluminum gills with gigabytes upon gigabytes of digital goods, managi...
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
Latest News Articles
- Razer really benchmarked asses to make its new Enki gaming chair
- How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
- Revealed: The first Intel 12th-gen ‘Alder Lake’ gaming rig
- Intel's new NUC trades size for scope
- MSI newest gaming desktop has 5G connectivity
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 4 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?