Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Desktop PCs - News
Google's personal assistant for its Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system is coming to the Internet search leader's Chrome browser.
Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Hewlett-Packard has twice revised its message to customers about downgrading new PCs equipped with Windows 8 to the older Windows 7 in an attempt to clarify its position.
Microsoft's launch of Windows 8 amid great fanfare yesterday left many users wondering whether the new operating system can prove a big boost to the ailing PC market.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has revealed some interesting opinions about some of Apple's products that failed in an interview.
The early brunt of a hard-drive shortage resulting from widespread flooding in Thailand is falling on small PC makers, who are raising computer prices to stem losses.
Acer recently announced four new all-in-one PCs just in time for the holidays or those looking for a new multitouch desktop PC before the expected debut of <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/242854/windows_8_desktop_gets_a_taste_of_metro.html">t...
With cheap storage readily available, the temptation to build vast libraries of music, movies, photos, and documents is ever present. But when each PC in your home is packed to its aluminum gills with gigabytes upon gigabytes of digital goods, managi...
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Case fans are so pedestrian. If you’re at all serious about smashing the world record for the highest recorded clock speed on a processor, you’re going to need cutting edge hardware, loads of ingenuity, and the experience of world class overclockers....
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced 11 new laptops starting at US$399, running AMD's new chips code-named Llano.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 has a built-in Qi charger
- The new Mac Pro: 3 big reasons to be excited about Apple's beastly workstation
- Computex 2019: Micron show off new Crucial RAM modules for high-speed computing
- Intel to exit 5G smartphone market
- ASUS pivot towards content creators with the new ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD announces third-gen Threadripper, but confirms supply issues and delays Ryzen 3950X
- 2 Giveaway: Enter to win a Huawei MateBook 13
- 3 HP buys Bromium to apply virtualisation security to PCs
- 4 Acer Nitro 5 (2019) review: A great budget-conscious laptop, at least for the moment
- 5 Android 10: Ten essential tips for overlooked features
Join the newsletter!
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?