A cable connector is an odd thing to get excited about, but when it's something as ubiquitous as USB you can perhaps forgive people for getting a little worked up.
Desktop PCs - News
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
It's something we've wanted for a while -- a single, unified place for all Windows notifications. If the latest leaked video of Windows 9 is any indication, it looks like we'll finally get our wish.
The Windows 9 leaks just keep on coming. This week, a barrage of screenshots and a video of the reborn Start menu were both revealed, and Friday, WinFuture posted a video showing off a newfangled virtual desktop feature currently being tested in Wind...
Intel is taking more steps to provide what it calls "wire-free" computing by 2016, a plan the company first talked about publicly in June at the Computex trade show.
Intel wants your future laptop to be thinner than an iPad and, like the iconic tablet, to be wire free. And it should cost less too.
Apple has made the entry point for its iMac desktop computers cheaper. Overnight, the iconic brand announced a new 21.5in model that costs $1349, which is $250 cheaper than the previous entry-level 21.5in iMac. There is a trade-off, though, and that’...
These apps will help you work with files of all types -- as well as back them up and keep them secure.
Over the last three decades, the Mac has morphed and evolved into a dizzying array of form factors. While some models quickly came and went, others became iconic machines in their own right. So, in honor of the Mac's 30th birthday on 24 January, here...
Intel is carving out a lot more room for storage in its "Next Unit of Computing" bare-bones PCs.
It's not dead! Winamp will continue to whip the llama's ass for the foreseeable future, but under new management.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
HP has revitalised its professional monitor and workstation line-up, launching three budget business monitors and a new workstation designed for high-end users.
Monday, the Internet buzzed and rumbled with news that Samsung planned to drop out of the desktop PC market. Tuesday, Samsung poured cold water on the report.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Latest News Articles
- Razer really benchmarked asses to make its new Enki gaming chair
- How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
- Revealed: The first Intel 12th-gen ‘Alder Lake’ gaming rig
- Intel's new NUC trades size for scope
- MSI newest gaming desktop has 5G connectivity
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 4 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?