Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Desktop PCs - News
Case fans are so pedestrian. If you’re at all serious about smashing the world record for the highest recorded clock speed on a processor, you’re going to need cutting edge hardware, loads of ingenuity, and the experience of world class overclockers....
Microsoft's Windows XP has slipped under the 50% share mark for the first time since Web measurement company Net Applications began tracking operating system usage.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced 11 new laptops starting at US$399, running AMD's new chips code-named Llano.
Consumers may love that Google's Chromebooks will automatically deliver security updates, but company administrators will resist it tooth and nail, experts said today.
Intel's <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?newsid=3278077">rivalry with ARM</a> looks set to heat up with reports suggesting Apple will switch to ARM processors in its laptops from 2013.
Gaming enthusiasts got a brief glimpse Wednesday of the upcoming Dell Alienware M18x, a high-end gaming laptop with a massive 18.4-inch display. This unusually large laptop was just a rumor for a while and then it popped up shortly on Dell's Canadian...
Upcoming chipsets from Advanced Micro Devices will support USB 3.0, which could make it easier for PC makers to add ports based on the interconnect to laptops.
Gartner on Thursday lowered its growth forecast for worldwide PC shipments in 2011, joining a growing number of analysts who believe Apple's iPad 2 will bridge the remaining gap between laptops and tablets this year.
Somehow, you can meticulously connect each cable from your PC to your various gadgets and peripherals, carefully ensuring that they don't twist or overlap, and yet within minutes the back of your PC will look like a vinyl-coated mound of spaghetti.
84% of iPhone, iPod and iPad users worldwide own a non-Apple PC, but 67% of those would own a Mac if price were not an issue, according to NPolls.
Acer, one of the world's top PC vendors, reported record high revenue of $NT629.7 billion ($US19.9 billion) in 2010 and profits in its core business, the company said on Wednesday.
About 500 computer models made in Taiwan will use Intel’s just-released second-generation Core processors and add features that would make those desktops and laptops some of the world’s best, local Intel officials said on Tuesday.
With Steve Jobs taking another medical leave, Apple customers, investors, partners and employees are again left to wonder what implications this will have for the company's stock, financial performance, product development and business operations.
Although many of us will have already broken our New Year's resolutions, it's not too late to change some old habits. One of our annual vows is to get outside and get into shape; since it's far too cold to tackle that particular hurdle, turning our a...
Latest News Articles
- Razer really benchmarked asses to make its new Enki gaming chair
- How the Alienware Aurora R13's chassis boosts performance
- Revealed: The first Intel 12th-gen ‘Alder Lake’ gaming rig
- Intel's new NUC trades size for scope
- MSI newest gaming desktop has 5G connectivity
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything we know (and hope) Apple is releasing in December 2021
- 2 Monterey’s best feature still hasn’t arrived. Will it be worth the wait?
- 3 Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Which popular fitness tracker is right for you?
- 4 Apple ‘investigating’ widespread MacBook Pro MagSafe charging issues
- 5 Switching from the iPhone 12 mini to the iPhone 13 Pro Max opened my eyes
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?