Intel's <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?newsid=3278077">rivalry with ARM</a> looks set to heat up with reports suggesting Apple will switch to ARM processors in its laptops from 2013.
Desktop PCs - News
Gaming enthusiasts got a brief glimpse Wednesday of the upcoming Dell Alienware M18x, a high-end gaming laptop with a massive 18.4-inch display. This unusually large laptop was just a rumor for a while and then it popped up shortly on Dell's Canadian...
Upcoming chipsets from Advanced Micro Devices will support USB 3.0, which could make it easier for PC makers to add ports based on the interconnect to laptops.
Gartner on Thursday lowered its growth forecast for worldwide PC shipments in 2011, joining a growing number of analysts who believe Apple's iPad 2 will bridge the remaining gap between laptops and tablets this year.
Somehow, you can meticulously connect each cable from your PC to your various gadgets and peripherals, carefully ensuring that they don't twist or overlap, and yet within minutes the back of your PC will look like a vinyl-coated mound of spaghetti.
84% of iPhone, iPod and iPad users worldwide own a non-Apple PC, but 67% of those would own a Mac if price were not an issue, according to NPolls.
Acer, one of the world's top PC vendors, reported record high revenue of $NT629.7 billion ($US19.9 billion) in 2010 and profits in its core business, the company said on Wednesday.
About 500 computer models made in Taiwan will use Intel’s just-released second-generation Core processors and add features that would make those desktops and laptops some of the world’s best, local Intel officials said on Tuesday.
With Steve Jobs taking another medical leave, Apple customers, investors, partners and employees are again left to wonder what implications this will have for the company's stock, financial performance, product development and business operations.
Although many of us will have already broken our New Year's resolutions, it's not too late to change some old habits. One of our annual vows is to get outside and get into shape; since it's far too cold to tackle that particular hurdle, turning our a...
Tablets are making such a mark in the computer market that they just might start giving the world's largest chip maker a good bashing.
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Seasoned road warriors are likely familiar with Lenovo's ThinkPad laptops, which offer business-oriented software and functionality tailored to keeping each laptop running smoothly. The 23-inch Lenovo ThinkCentre M90z ($1400, as configured, as of Sep...
Autodesk is bringing its AutoCAD architecture, design, and engineering software back to the Mac OS after an 18-year absence, the company announced this evening. But the company plans to do more than offer a Mac OS X version of AutoCAD: It says it wil...
The race for the No. 2 spot among PC vendors may be to close to call, with analyst firms disagreeing over whether or not Dell lagged behind rival Acer during the second quarter.
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 has a built-in Qi charger
- The new Mac Pro: 3 big reasons to be excited about Apple's beastly workstation
- Computex 2019: Micron show off new Crucial RAM modules for high-speed computing
- Intel to exit 5G smartphone market
- ASUS pivot towards content creators with the new ASUS Mini PC ProArt PA90
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Logitech MX Master 3 review: A marvelous mouse
- 2 Microsoft's patch to patch Windows Search now must patch in an audio fix, too
- 3 Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT review: Superfast and nearly flawless
- 4 Lenovo says cloud storage killed the laptop SD card slot
- 5 Microsoft's patch to fix Windows Search breaks Windows Search
Join the newsletter!
- IFA 2019: Everything you need to know
- Happy iPhone Day: Here's everything Apple just announced
- Hands-On: The Samsung Galaxy Fold is my new problematic fave
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?