On ABC’s LateLine last night, nbn CEO Bill Morrow was asked why the new “skinny fibre” (a new form of fibre-based broadband technology) wasn’t being used instead of Fibre-to-the-Node (copper based broadband) despite only being slightly-more expensive.
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negating its original purpose and promise.
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries without having to deal with sky-high prices per megabyte, but the company offers its best rates for the USA, UK, and Ireland.
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
I must admit that, since we tested the Huawei E5 mobile 3G router two years ago, I’ve been using it every time I travel. I love it. But I also know that Vodafone now has fast 3G cell towers, so I was pretty keen to try them out with the Vodafone Pocket WiFi.
Vodafone has joined the ranks of the large cap broadband providers after it revealed a 200GB "Chocka Naked" broadband plan, without fanfare, early this week.
New Zealand internet service provider Orcon has announced an unlimited broadband plan for $99 per month.
Orcon is offering free internet to those who choose to switch to ultra-fast broadband, and will do so for the rest of the year, the company announced today.
Despite customer complaints during TelstraClear's weekend of unmetered data last weekend, which speeds of the network slowed significantly, Snap Internet is going to offer its customers unlimited broadband data from Friday 8pm to Monday 8am.
TelstraClear's weekend of unlimited data was managed well, according to a report from a company that specialises in broadband measurement.
Latest News Articles
- Optus launches Internet plan for gamers
- Deal: Save money on Aussie Broadband's best NBN plans
- Kelly Bayer Rosmarin new Optus boss
- MWC 2019: HTC's 5G Hub to be "Australia's first 5G mobile device"
- Optus 5G service to challenge NBN
Most Popular Articles
- 1 macOS Monterey: Update now or wait?
- 2 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 vs. RTX 3060 Ti: Which GPU should you buy?
- 3 Amazon extends Amazon Music Unlimited free trial
- 4 macOS Big Sur users should update to 11.6.1 right now
- 5 Get your Mac ready for macOS 12 Monterey
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?