While it will be shipping with Android 7.0, there are signs that Samsung is looking to update the Galaxy S8 to Nougat 7.1 as quickly as possible.
The hype around Samsung's Galaxy S8 has been off the charts - something that normally makes us wary. However, having spent some time with the device today our hopes are heightened.
Samsung will reportedly begin selling a 128GB Galaxy S8+ variant with 6GB of RAM, but it will only be available in China and Korea.
The costly Galaxy Note7 debacle, which led to the recall of about 3 million smartphones because of overheating batteries, seems to be behind Samsung Electronics, with the company forecasting a 48 percent growth in operating profit in the first quarter.
Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
A researcher has uncovered some 40 serious vulnerabilities in Samsung's code that could be remotely exploited by hackers.
In its exhaustive testing, DisplayMate give Samsung's Galaxy S8 and S8+ the highest grade ever for a smartphone display, an A+.
Samsung has a portfolio of devices and appliances that would make Apple envious. But unlike Apple, Samsung devices don't work well together.
Latest News Articles
- Dell launches its Rugged range
- Sony launches three new 4K HDR Home Cinema Projectors
- HP launches Omen by HP Challenger Series Tournament
- Samsung Australia announces breakthrough demand for Galaxy Note9 pre-sales
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Don't get fooled by this malware-ridden MSI Afterburner fake
- 2 The next MacBook Pro: More sizes, more speed, and no more Touch Bar
- 3 Microsoft kills Windows 10X
- 4 Before We Leave: Non-violent Kiwi game releases on Steam
- 5 Small phone lovers rejoice: The Asus Zenfone 8 is a fantastic option
Join the newsletter!
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?