Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR: Full, in-depth review
The smartwatch and fitness band markets may have started off in very different places but recent years have seen the two become more and more tangled up in one another’s business. Recent offerings from tech companies like Apple and Samsung have it pretty clear that they’re going after the kind of active and fitness-aware customer that’s traditionally been the domain of brands like Fitbit and Garmin.
Of course, those brands in turn are now also pinching g more and more of the features usually reserved for full-blown smartwatches into their fitness bands. The line between the two categories is getting more and more blurry - and it’s unclear which side will be left standing.
Regardless, if products like Suunto’s new Spartan Trainer Wrist HR are anything to go by, it’s clear that customers will likely win out regardless.
A slim, lightweight and compact multisport GPS watch for “active sports enthusiasts”, The Spartan Trainer HR is a smaller in size than its predecessors, yet Suunto say it delivers more versatile training features and daily activity tracking than ever.
Positioned as something that blends together the best of both the smartwatch and fitness band, it’s as much a product as it is a declaration. The Spartan Trainer HR says that not only is Suunto a brand that can do it all - but also one that can do it better both the energetic startups and the polished titans of industry who are fighting for the same kind of customer.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Apple Watch study aims to add stroke detection to the list of life-saving features
- Withings debut new sleep-savvy smart watch
- Suunto show off flagship Suunto 7 smartwatch
- Spark improves the Apple Watch in NZ with eSIM option
- Oppo's smartwatch is finally happening
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Skype Meet Now is Microsoft's effort to make Skype calls as easy as possible
- 2 Ryzen 4000 performance benchmarks: Ryzen 9 4900HS beats Intel's Core i9 mobile chips
- 3 Intel calls its 5.3GHz 'Comet Lake-H' chip for gaming laptops the 'fastest mobile processor'
- 4 Acer's Predator Triton 500 gets a 300Hz panel and beastly internal upgrades
- 5 ASUS' dual-screen Zephyrus laptop promises a smoother streamer workflow and exclusive experiences
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs S20+ vs S20 Ultra
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?