Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- - Phenomenal contrast
- - Great natural colours
- - Soundbar in flagship model
- - Entry-level model lacks Absolute Black Filter
- - Not as bright as LED-backlit rivals
- - No Dolby Vision
Fantastic picture quality and elegant design, but it's hard to ignore LG's rival OLEDs
The EZ1000's soundbar offers full-bodied audio and adds punch to the low end, although not surprisingly it falls short of a high-end standalone soundbar.
The Panasonic televisions lack LG's support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, which adds a sense of height to a movie soundtrack. To be fair, LG's advantage is barely noticeable when listening to a movie soundtrack via soundbar rather than a full surround sound system.
Panasonic's first Australian OLEDs are worthy contenders for a spot in your lounge room, especially if you're primarily catering to movie night rather than daytime viewing in a sunlit room.
When it comes to picture quality Panasonic can hold its head high alongside LG's OLEDs, but for roughly the same price LG throws in the insurance policy of Dolby Vision – should it take off in the lounge room. That advantage puts LG ahead by a nose, but if Panasonic could shed a little weight on the price tag to undercut LG it would be on a winner.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon bolster Australian Echo lineup with Echo Show and Echo Sub
- Panasonic releases DP-UB9000 Blu-ray player
- Foxtel updates Foxtel GO
- LG's 2018 TVs get smarter from today with Google Assistant and Alexa support
- HomePod to get new Siri Shortcuts, phone calls, and other Siri features in upcoming update
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Microsoft warns that overstuffed hard drives could stall the Windows 10 October 2018 update
- 2 Replace your slow hard drive with these $25 SSDs
- 3 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti review: Changing the game
- 4 I switched from the $1,000 Galaxy Note 9 to the $250 LG Stylo 4 and now I question everything
- 5 Ericsson, Telstra and Qualcomm deploy 2Gbps Gigabit LTE technology
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G6: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?