Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- - Phenomenal contrast
- - Great natural colours
- - Soundbar in flagship model
- - Entry-level model lacks Absolute Black Filter
- - Not as bright as LED-backlit rivals
- - No Dolby Vision
Fantastic picture quality and elegant design, but it's hard to ignore LG's rival OLEDs
The EZ1000's soundbar offers full-bodied audio and adds punch to the low end, although not surprisingly it falls short of a high-end standalone soundbar.
The Panasonic televisions lack LG's support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, which adds a sense of height to a movie soundtrack. To be fair, LG's advantage is barely noticeable when listening to a movie soundtrack via soundbar rather than a full surround sound system.
Panasonic's first Australian OLEDs are worthy contenders for a spot in your lounge room, especially if you're primarily catering to movie night rather than daytime viewing in a sunlit room.
When it comes to picture quality Panasonic can hold its head high alongside LG's OLEDs, but for roughly the same price LG throws in the insurance policy of Dolby Vision – should it take off in the lounge room. That advantage puts LG ahead by a nose, but if Panasonic could shed a little weight on the price tag to undercut LG it would be on a winner.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bang & Olufsen announces release date for AirPlay 2
- Sonos introduce cheaper, smarter Sonos Beam soundbar
- Computex 2018: ASUS mesh router with built-in Alexa smart speaker confirmed for Australia
- WWDC 2018: Apple TV 4K gets new features and screensavers with tvOS 12
- Apple update HomePod for Stereo Pairing & Multi-Room Audio via AirPlay
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The Samsung T5, our favorite high-performance portable SSD, drops to $130—its lowest price yet
- 2 Amazon knocks $50 off the luxurious Kindle Voyage e-reader
- 3 Huawei goes on offensive over potential 5G ban
- 4 S5Mark is a 'VPN' that is actually a rootkit in disguise, BitDefender says
- 5 Cybershoes let you physically run through virtual reality from the comfort of your chair
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?