Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- - Phenomenal contrast
- - Great natural colours
- - Soundbar in flagship model
- - Entry-level model lacks Absolute Black Filter
- - Not as bright as LED-backlit rivals
- - No Dolby Vision
Fantastic picture quality and elegant design, but it's hard to ignore LG's rival OLEDs
The EZ1000's soundbar offers full-bodied audio and adds punch to the low end, although not surprisingly it falls short of a high-end standalone soundbar.
The Panasonic televisions lack LG's support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, which adds a sense of height to a movie soundtrack. To be fair, LG's advantage is barely noticeable when listening to a movie soundtrack via soundbar rather than a full surround sound system.
Panasonic's first Australian OLEDs are worthy contenders for a spot in your lounge room, especially if you're primarily catering to movie night rather than daytime viewing in a sunlit room.
When it comes to picture quality Panasonic can hold its head high alongside LG's OLEDs, but for roughly the same price LG throws in the insurance policy of Dolby Vision – should it take off in the lounge room. That advantage puts LG ahead by a nose, but if Panasonic could shed a little weight on the price tag to undercut LG it would be on a winner.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Five minutes with Cassandra Keyes: The world’s sexiest photographer
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Walmart has the Intel Core i7-8700K for just over $300 today
- 2 Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- 3 MWC 2018: Samsung's Galaxy S9 reveal and everything else you need to know
- 4 Massive EA Origin game sale slashes prices on Battlefield, Star Wars, Mass Effect, and more
- 5 Google takes Assistant worldwide with new languages and custom phone integrations
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?