Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- - Phenomenal contrast
- - Great natural colours
- - Soundbar in flagship model
- - Entry-level model lacks Absolute Black Filter
- - Not as bright as LED-backlit rivals
- - No Dolby Vision
Fantastic picture quality and elegant design, but it's hard to ignore LG's rival OLEDs
The EZ1000's soundbar offers full-bodied audio and adds punch to the low end, although not surprisingly it falls short of a high-end standalone soundbar.
The Panasonic televisions lack LG's support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, which adds a sense of height to a movie soundtrack. To be fair, LG's advantage is barely noticeable when listening to a movie soundtrack via soundbar rather than a full surround sound system.
Panasonic's first Australian OLEDs are worthy contenders for a spot in your lounge room, especially if you're primarily catering to movie night rather than daytime viewing in a sunlit room.
When it comes to picture quality Panasonic can hold its head high alongside LG's OLEDs, but for roughly the same price LG throws in the insurance policy of Dolby Vision – should it take off in the lounge room. That advantage puts LG ahead by a nose, but if Panasonic could shed a little weight on the price tag to undercut LG it would be on a winner.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World 2018 Editor's Choice Awards Nominees Announced
- Telstra customers can now add the Kayo app to their account
- Streaming service delivers over 50 sports live and on demand for Aussie fans
- JBL introduces JRPOP Ultra Portable Speaker
- Turtle Beach’s Elite Pro 2 + SuperAmp is now available
Most Popular Articles
- 1 The best USB-C hubs for your laptop or tablet
- 2 The new Samsung A8s could be our first look at the Galaxy S10's 'hole-punch' display
- 3 Arlo announces 4K HDR wire-free security camera system
- 4 After another massive Google+ data breach, you should probably delete your profile right now
- 5 Editor's Choice Awards 2018, Part Two - Mobile
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- PC World 2018 Editor's Choice Awards
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?