Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Australian-ised review
An Australia tax is included but this card topples the Titan X
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The gorgeous Rise of the Tomb Raider scales very well across all GPU hardware, though it clearly prefers Nvidia GPUs to the Fury X once you reach the upper echelon of graphics cards. We didn’t include DirectX 12 results because the game actually pushes fewer average frames in that mode compared to DirectX 11, though the DX12 minimum frame times are much higher, providing a less stuttery experience.
Once again, the GTX 1070 delivers more raw frames per second than the Titan X, but just barely. The GTX 1070 offers roughly 56 to 58 percent more performance than the GTX 970 across the board.
Next page: Hitman
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Black Friday deals on ROCCAT and Turtle Beach gear in Australia in 2021
- Qualcomm prophesizes 2023 as the rebirth of PC Snapdragon chips
- Dozens of games don’t work on 12th-gen Intel CPUs, but there’s a fix
- Truck heist: Make sure your new RTX graphics card isn’t hot (as in stolen)
- Where to preorder Intel’s 12th-gen ‘Alder Lake’ CPUs
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Why you should shop Black Friday and Cyber Monday using Microsoft Edge
- 2 Chromebooks versus Windows laptops: Which should you buy?
- 3 Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!
- 4 This Aussie Black Friday deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a real gem
- 5 Why you should upgrade to Wi-Fi 6/6E
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?