Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
More than just nostalgia
- Great form factor
- Solid performance
- Minor stability Issues
- Camera is sometimes slow to load
There’s so much more to like about the Nokia 8 than just the nostalgia factor. Solid specs, crisp cameras and fantastic form factor make it a comeback for the brand.
2017 has been a rebound year for almost too many smartphone brands to count. Samsung’s Note 8 emerged from the flames of last year’s debacle, TCL returned BlackBerry to prominence with the KeyONE and, now, HMD Global launches its latest bid to do the same with the once-mighty Nokia.
Building on the momentum of its initial offensive into the mass market with the value-driven Nokia 3, 5 and 6, the Finnish startup are now taking a solid swipe at the giants of the industry with the Nokia 8.
Billed as the first true flagship Nokia smartphone since the company’s heyday, the Nokia 8 is both a little larger and faster than the trio of devices HMD launched back in June. However, according to HMD, it’s more than just iterative - it’s innovative. And in ways that count, specifically when it comes to camera side of the equation.
If HMD’s initial trio of devices were aimed at getting the mass market to care about the Nokia brand again, the Nokia 8 feels like it’s intended to give enthusiasts reason to do the same. To all the Android-based smartphone vendors out there, it’s a warning. Ignore the new Nokia at your own peril. This is a device that can’t just be written off as mere or pure nostalgia.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google breaks up with Huawei, pulls Android license
- Minecraft Earth busts out of the box as a Pokemon Go-inspired mobile AR game
- The Epic Mega Sale tempts PC gamers with weekly freebies and $10 off any game over $15
- The dream of dual-booting Windows 10 on Chromebooks appears dead
- Microsoft revives once-dead Paint with new keyboard controls and accessibility enhancements
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Google breaks up with Huawei, pulls Android license
- 2 How to type kaomoji on your PC in Windows 10
- 3 Microsoft revives once-dead Paint with new keyboard controls and accessibility enhancements
- 4 The Epic Mega Sale tempts PC gamers with weekly freebies and $10 off any game over $15
- 5 OnePlus 7 Pro review: Not a flagship killer, a flagship contender
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Huawei P30 Pro review: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Full, In-Depth Review
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?