Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
More than just nostalgia
- Great form factor
- Solid performance
- Minor stability Issues
- Camera is sometimes slow to load
There’s so much more to like about the Nokia 8 than just the nostalgia factor. Solid specs, crisp cameras and fantastic form factor make it a comeback for the brand.
2017 has been a rebound year for almost too many smartphone brands to count. Samsung’s Note 8 emerged from the flames of last year’s debacle, TCL returned BlackBerry to prominence with the KeyONE and, now, HMD Global launches its latest bid to do the same with the once-mighty Nokia.
Building on the momentum of its initial offensive into the mass market with the value-driven Nokia 3, 5 and 6, the Finnish startup are now taking a solid swipe at the giants of the industry with the Nokia 8.
Billed as the first true flagship Nokia smartphone since the company’s heyday, the Nokia 8 is both a little larger and faster than the trio of devices HMD launched back in June. However, according to HMD, it’s more than just iterative - it’s innovative. And in ways that count, specifically when it comes to camera side of the equation.
If HMD’s initial trio of devices were aimed at getting the mass market to care about the Nokia brand again, the Nokia 8 feels like it’s intended to give enthusiasts reason to do the same. To all the Android-based smartphone vendors out there, it’s a warning. Ignore the new Nokia at your own peril. This is a device that can’t just be written off as mere or pure nostalgia.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why is there a Windows 11 if Windows 10 is the last Windows?
- 3 super-cool ways to control your Mac with your Apple Watch
- Want to use an iMac as an external monitor? You need an old version of macOS
- Windows 11: Video first look
- Celebrate 5 years of The Full Nerd with merch!
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Why is there a Windows 11 if Windows 10 is the last Windows?
- 2 Amazon Basics Computer Speakers (USB-powered) review: This cheap set fits the budget stereotype
- 3 Windows 11: Video first look
- 4 Celebrate 5 years of The Full Nerd with merch!
- 5 The next Apple Watch: Big design changes and a better display
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless earphones
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?