MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
Back in black (and red)
- Solid performance
- Cooling solution works wonders
- Display looks great, minimal tearing
- Screen-size hurts portability
- Touchpad sometimes unresponsive
- Battery life as short as you expect
The GE73 VR Raider doesn’t really break away from the usual MSI formula but when the results are as good as they are, it’s hard to complain.
MSI are a brand that’s been playing in the gaming and high-end enthusiast space for decades and one that doesn’t really need all that much of an introduction. The formula here isn't just about red neon aesthetics - it's also about top-of-the-line specs and feature sets that reflect the needs of their core audience. And if a savvy partnership is what it takes to achieve that, so be it.
They’re MSI. You may have heard of them.
Products like MSI’s new GE73 VR Raider gaming laptop build on that legacy nicely. By MSI’s reckoning, the GE73 VR Raider is more than just another gaming laptop. It’s “the” gaming laptop, promising a best-in-class experience on all the fronts.
What’s behind that promise? All the big names. An Intel CPU. An Nvidia graphics card. A SteelSeries mechanical keyboard. A Dynaudio speaker. Lastly, MSI’s own cooling solution and unique sense of sporty style to bring it all together.
The result: a gaming laptop that looks to leverage both superior specs and ferocious features, putting rivals to shame. The GE73 VR Raider might not be the most monstrous gaming notebook in MSI’s catalog but it’s a beastly one nevertheless.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- Crowdfunding campaign to bring wireless charging to the Macbook
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
Most Popular Articles
- 1 McAfee Labs Previews Five Cybersecurity Trends for 2018
- 2 PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- 3 How to automatically mute a website within Google Chrome, forever
- 4 Microsoft knocks $550 off the fantastic Dell XPS 13 as last-minute PC deals get crazier
- 5 FCC votes to kill net neutrality in an unsurprising move. What happens now?
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?