Huawei Nova 2i review: Huawei's best flagship features have been successfully smuggled into the mid-tier
- Fantastic design and build quality
- A lot of phone for $500
- Full-Vision display let down by low-quality
- Camera sometimes inconsistent in low-light situations
With the $499 price-tag in mind, there’s not a lot out there that can match the Huawei Nova 2i.
Everyone has a number. An amount that they can’t imagine paying any more than on any single purchase. For some people, spending almost $2000 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Apple iPhone X is inconceivable. For others, the threshold lies further still. Regardless, everybody’s got a number - and if yours is a keen $500, then it might be fair to say that Huawei’s Nova 2i smartphone might just be one of the best devices on the market that fits that bill.
Whether we’re talking about the form-factor, camera or performance, Huawei have smuggled a lot of the flagship qualities of their P10 into the mid-tier with this device. What's more, they've done so with only a few significant shortcomings. Heck - if it had a stylus, it's not too hard to imagine them pitching it as a more budget-friendly Galaxy Note 8.
Running on Android 7 Nougat (plus Huawei's own EMUI skin), the Huawei Nova 2i comes powered by an 8-core Kirin 659 chipset, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of on-board storage. It also boasts a 3,340mAh battery, fingerprint sensor and Huawei's brand-new 18:9 FullView Display, making it their first device with the expanded aspect ratio.
Last but not least (and like the flagship Huawei P10), the 5.9-inch smartphone Nova 2i packs dual-lens cameras onto both the front (13MP/2MP) and back (16MP/2MP) of the device.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fortnite pulled from the Play Store as Epic accuses Google of blocking Android deals
- Recently squashed Alexa bug could have allowed hackers access to voice histories, researchers say
- Razer launches left-handed Naga gaming mouse for Left-Handers Day
- Fortnite offers discounted direct in-app payment, escalating the antitrust battle
- Epic is giving away A Total War Saga: Troy for free, but just for 24 hours today
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Epic is giving away A Total War Saga: Troy for free, but just for 24 hours today
- 2 Microsoft Surface Duo arrives in September with sky-high pricing
- 3 Intel plans Xe consumer graphics for laptops first, a discrete card in 2021
- 4 Intel promises 'dramatic' clock speed increases in Tiger Lake CPU
- 5 HP Envy x360 13: An affordable laptop with Ryzen 4000 and other perks
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Umurangi Generation review: Evangelion Meets Pokémon Snap
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?