Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
Dual-camera high-impact photos in a fast, low-end Android smartphone (aka Honor 6X and Mate 9 Lite)
A 2,900mAh battery is included and generally this would last for a full day. However, heavy camera usage (with aperture effects and the subsequent processing) could reduce this considerably.
If you want the ability for high-end photography on a phone but can’t run to the more-expensive models, then this is a great choice. Even if you don’t use the camera it’s a great phone at just $400. Different variants are available in different markets (more and less expensive models with 4GB and 2GB RAM) but this 3GB model makes for a good sweet spot.
There were times where the phone felt a bit sluggish, but it was hard to put our finger on when. It’s directly up against the Moto G5 Plus which is a great, all-round phone, but this gets the nod thanks to the camera.
It’s a great value choice.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sonos says goodbye to several legacy products
- PC sales expected to fall after Windows 10 sales bump ends
- How foldables fit into the next phase of Intel’s Project Athena
- Put your hands up if you want a Ryzen-based take on Intel's NUC hardware
- Google wants to bring Steam to Chromebooks
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Put your hands up if you want a Ryzen-based take on Intel's NUC hardware
- 2 PC sales expected to fall after Windows 10 sales bump ends
- 3 Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT review: Punching above its class
- 4 7 standout pieces of CES tech
- 5 How foldables fit into the next phase of Intel’s Project Athena
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?