EVGA SC17 4K Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
The laptop in a weight-class of its own
- Streamlined overlocking
- High-end specs
- 4K display
- Prohibitively heavy
- Fan loudness
- Battery life is too low
- Heat build-up when in SC mode
The SC17 is one of the rare laptops that justifies its premium price, even if the reality of that high-end performance comes at an often brutal cost to portability.
There are gaming laptops, and then there’s the EVGA SC17.
The company’s first gaming laptop released over in the U.S. last year and while it’s only now made its way to the Australian market, there's definitely a strong case to be made that it lives up to both the hype and high-end price-tag.
Making their name in high-end components, it feels like it was only a matter of time before EVGA made the move towards selling standalone machines. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to the guts, nuts and bolts of powerful PCs - so there's a lot to like about the pitch for a gaming laptop built by them.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Matebook X Pro review: Homecoming King
- CES 2019: Dell refresh the XPS 13 and more
- CES 2019: MSI expand Prestige series laptops with PS63 Modern
- CES 2019: MSI ready their MSI GS75 Stealth laptop for the RTX era
- CES 2019: Gigabyte ready a revamped AERO 15 with RTX graphics
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Which edition of Resident Evil 2 should I buy?
- 2 Android Q details leaked
- 3 Ring expand local offering with new Stick Up Cam
- 4 Samsung introduce 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
- 5 Hands on: The Kensington SD7000 dock turns a Surface tablet into a Surface Studio
- CES 2019 Round-Up:
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will launch on Feb 20, and we only have one question.
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?