EVGA SC17 4K Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
The laptop in a weight-class of its own
- Streamlined overlocking
- High-end specs
- 4K display
- Prohibitively heavy
- Fan loudness
- Battery life is too low
- Heat build-up when in SC mode
The SC17 is one of the rare laptops that justifies its premium price, even if the reality of that high-end performance comes at an often brutal cost to portability.
There are gaming laptops, and then there’s the EVGA SC17.
The company’s first gaming laptop released over in the U.S. last year and while it’s only now made its way to the Australian market, there's definitely a strong case to be made that it lives up to both the hype and high-end price-tag.
Making their name in high-end components, it feels like it was only a matter of time before EVGA made the move towards selling standalone machines. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to the guts, nuts and bolts of powerful PCs - so there's a lot to like about the pitch for a gaming laptop built by them.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- Crowdfunding campaign to bring wireless charging to the Macbook
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Black Friday laptop buyer's guide
- 2 The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- 3 Amazon Black Friday deals: The best tech at killer prices
- 4 The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- 5 VyprVPN review: A good non-American, American VPN
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?