EVGA SC17 4K Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
The laptop in a weight-class of its own
- Streamlined overlocking
- High-end specs
- 4K display
- Prohibitively heavy
- Fan loudness
- Battery life is too low
- Heat build-up when in SC mode
The SC17 is one of the rare laptops that justifies its premium price, even if the reality of that high-end performance comes at an often brutal cost to portability.
There are gaming laptops, and then there’s the EVGA SC17.
The company’s first gaming laptop released over in the U.S. last year and while it’s only now made its way to the Australian market, there's definitely a strong case to be made that it lives up to both the hype and high-end price-tag.
Making their name in high-end components, it feels like it was only a matter of time before EVGA made the move towards selling standalone machines. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to the guts, nuts and bolts of powerful PCs - so there's a lot to like about the pitch for a gaming laptop built by them.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Walmart has the Intel Core i7-8700K for just over $300 today
- 2 Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- 3 MWC 2018: Samsung's Galaxy S9 reveal and everything else you need to know
- 4 Massive EA Origin game sale slashes prices on Battlefield, Star Wars, Mass Effect, and more
- 5 Google takes Assistant worldwide with new languages and custom phone integrations
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?