EVGA SC17 4K Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
The laptop in a weight-class of its own
- Streamlined overlocking
- High-end specs
- 4K display
- Prohibitively heavy
- Fan loudness
- Battery life is too low
- Heat build-up when in SC mode
The SC17 is one of the rare laptops that justifies its premium price, even if the reality of that high-end performance comes at an often brutal cost to portability.
There are gaming laptops, and then there’s the EVGA SC17.
The company’s first gaming laptop released over in the U.S. last year and while it’s only now made its way to the Australian market, there's definitely a strong case to be made that it lives up to both the hype and high-end price-tag.
Making their name in high-end components, it feels like it was only a matter of time before EVGA made the move towards selling standalone machines. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to the guts, nuts and bolts of powerful PCs - so there's a lot to like about the pitch for a gaming laptop built by them.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Computex 2018: The VAIO laptop returns lighter than ever - but there's a catch
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
- Computex 2018: Lenovo hit back at Project Precog with 2nd-gen Yoga Book
- Computex 2018: ASUS reach for the sky with Project Precog
- WWDC 2018: Apple Introduces macOS Mojave
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Go grab the GTX 1080 Mini for $500 at Amazon before the price shoots back up
- 2 The Humble Cybersecurity Bundle offers everything you need to protect your PC for $15
- 3 Upgrade your PC peripherals for cheap in Amazon's huge one-day Logitech sale
- 4 Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- 5 Oppo debut flagship Find X smartphone with almost no-bezels
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?