EVGA SC17 4K Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
The laptop in a weight-class of its own
- Streamlined overlocking
- High-end specs
- 4K display
- Prohibitively heavy
- Fan loudness
- Battery life is too low
- Heat build-up when in SC mode
The SC17 is one of the rare laptops that justifies its premium price, even if the reality of that high-end performance comes at an often brutal cost to portability.
There are gaming laptops, and then there’s the EVGA SC17.
The company’s first gaming laptop released over in the U.S. last year and while it’s only now made its way to the Australian market, there's definitely a strong case to be made that it lives up to both the hype and high-end price-tag.
Making their name in high-end components, it feels like it was only a matter of time before EVGA made the move towards selling standalone machines. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to the guts, nuts and bolts of powerful PCs - so there's a lot to like about the pitch for a gaming laptop built by them.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tetris Beat, Monster Hunter Stories coming soon to Apple Arcade
- Dynabook announces 11.6-inch student laptop
- ASUS launches the ASUS BR1100 series kids’ laptops
- Google's Stadia game streaming service is now available on iOS via web app
- Acer unleashes the Swift 5
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Everything new coming from Apple in August 2021
- 2 Services growth highlights Apple’s big $81.4B Q3 results
- 3 Oculus recalls Quest 2 over foam irritation, will add a 128GB option
- 4 Flight Simulator's awesome performance update lands on PCs today
- 5 Why Real Madrid’s Roberto Carlos banana kicked the new Nokia smartphone
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?