ASUS Zenbook Flip S: Full, in-depth review
- Snazzy form-factor
- Snappy processor
- Weak battery life
- On-board graphics are a little limiting
The Zenbook Flip S delivers pretty close to the high-level of performance and form-factor it promises - even if the interior battery life holds it back from greatness.
2-in-1 PCs have proven themselves one of the fastest growing segments in the broader PC market in recent years, and it doesn’t look like the craze is going to die down anytime soon. Pretty much every brand out there has staked their claim in the space, promising the perfect blend of high performance and literal flexibility. Well and truly, it feels fair to say we’ve reached “Peak Convertible”.
In these conditions, it takes a special kind of product to shine and stand out from the crowd and win over customers. Battery life aside, ASUS’ Zenbook Flip S makes a strong case that it could be just that product.
ASUS have branded ZenBook Flip S as the world’s thinnest convertible laptops at just 10.9mm thin. It’s also one of the lightest at just 1.1 kg. ASUS say it marries elegant sophistication with the convenience and versatility of a 360-degree reversible display.
Powered by an Intel Core i7 processor, it promises to deliver a level of performance that’s outright great - not just good enough for a convertible. Basically, the sell is that it’s not just another convertible but one that exemplifies all the positive experiences that this product category is capable of.
In Australia, the ASUS Zenbook Flip S features an Intel Core i7-7500U, paired up with 16GB or RAM and a 512GB SSD. It’s touting a touch-sensitive 13.3-inch FHD display and an integrated Intel HD graphics 620 chipset.
Port-wise, the Zenbook Flip S pretty sparse - offering just two USB-C ports (either of which can be used for charging) and a single 3.5mm headphone jack. However, it does come with a mini-dock converter to help make up the difference. In line with most of ASUS’ other convertibles, it’s also got a webcam, 4-way stereo speakers, fingerprint sensor, microphone and comes with a ASUS Pen stylus included.
The Zenbook Flip S comes preloaded with Windows 10 Pro and, color-wise, is available in Royal Blue and Smoky Grey.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Netgear Launches the Arlo Go LTE Wire-Free Camera on Telstra’s Mobile Network
- 2 Fitbit debut slimmer Versa smartwatch
- 3 Record your travels for cheap with this $30 dash cam
- 4 The state of Android security: Great on Oreo, but most phones are missing out
- 5 Microsoft tries forcing Mail users to open links in Edge, and people are freaking out
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Apple HomePod review: Packs a punch but shirks on the smarts
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?