ASUS Zenbook Flip S: Full, in-depth review
- Snazzy form-factor
- Snappy processor
- Weak battery life
- On-board graphics are a little limiting
The Zenbook Flip S delivers pretty close to the high-level of performance and form-factor it promises - even if the interior battery life holds it back from greatness.
2-in-1 PCs have proven themselves one of the fastest growing segments in the broader PC market in recent years, and it doesn’t look like the craze is going to die down anytime soon. Pretty much every brand out there has staked their claim in the space, promising the perfect blend of high performance and literal flexibility. Well and truly, it feels fair to say we’ve reached “Peak Convertible”.
In these conditions, it takes a special kind of product to shine and stand out from the crowd and win over customers. Battery life aside, ASUS’ Zenbook Flip S makes a strong case that it could be just that product.
ASUS have branded ZenBook Flip S as the world’s thinnest convertible laptops at just 10.9mm thin. It’s also one of the lightest at just 1.1 kg. ASUS say it marries elegant sophistication with the convenience and versatility of a 360-degree reversible display.
Powered by an Intel Core i7 processor, it promises to deliver a level of performance that’s outright great - not just good enough for a convertible. Basically, the sell is that it’s not just another convertible but one that exemplifies all the positive experiences that this product category is capable of.
In Australia, the ASUS Zenbook Flip S features an Intel Core i7-7500U, paired up with 16GB or RAM and a 512GB SSD. It’s touting a touch-sensitive 13.3-inch FHD display and an integrated Intel HD graphics 620 chipset.
Port-wise, the Zenbook Flip S pretty sparse - offering just two USB-C ports (either of which can be used for charging) and a single 3.5mm headphone jack. However, it does come with a mini-dock converter to help make up the difference. In line with most of ASUS’ other convertibles, it’s also got a webcam, 4-way stereo speakers, fingerprint sensor, microphone and comes with a ASUS Pen stylus included.
The Zenbook Flip S comes preloaded with Windows 10 Pro and, color-wise, is available in Royal Blue and Smoky Grey.
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dynabook’s new Satellite Pro laptops will keep germs at bay
- Huawei upgrades cross-device technologies in new MateBook laptops
- What Apple’s new M1 Max MacBook Pro means for the PC’s USB-C future
- Evaluating PC Performance Before You Buy? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Acer’s eco-friendly Vero lineup expands with new PCs for work and play
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Chromebooks versus Windows laptops: Which should you buy?
- 2 Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- 3 What to look for in a cheap Chromebook
- 4 This simple iPhone toggle can help protect your home from break-ins, fires, and floods
- 5 Google Pixel 6: Cheapest way to get it in Australia this Black Friday
- Nvidia beefs up DLSS with more games and Linux support
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?