Epson has launched a new, “superfast, eco-efficient” range of business inkjet printers called the WorkForce Enterprise. The 100 page per minute (ppm) colour office A3 printer offers low power consumption and uses fewer consumables than typical departmental laser copiers. The 100ppm WF-C20590 and 75ppm WF-C17590 are both designed to meet the needs of departmental office printing in corporates, SMBs and SMEs - especially those that have peaks of high-volume productivity.
Innovative features include a self-maintaining printhead and a an electrostatic transport belt for, “maintaining quality at high speed.”
Peak power consumption is stated as being 96 per cent less than a similar-speed laser printer. This claim refers to the comparison between an Epson WorkForce WF-C20590 (max power consumption 320W) and comparable speed model Fuji Xerox Color 1000i Press (max power consumption 7,600W). However, savings would only be realised in this area if the machine was constantly running at maximum performance.
Similar laser-beating inkjet technology has been offered by HP’s equivalent PageWide technology for some time and it will be interesting to compare the two.
Epson’s “inkjet linehead” is designed around scalable technology that the company originally used in its large-scale label presses. The new full-width linehead design measures 43mm across and contains approximately 33,500 nozzles.
An optional WorkFlow Enterprise Finisher unit enables automatic document finishing options – there’s a 5,350-sheet max paper input with optional paper feed and a 4,000-sheet stapler and stacker. They also work with NFC . Tools and software such as Email Print for Enterprise, Epson Print Admin and Document Capture Pro add additional functionality – more than just print and scan.
Australian pricing is yet to be confirmed but is said to be highly competitive with the leading brands in the 50 to 70ppm segment of the office printing market. Epson states that WorkForce Enterprise will also be available through a range of flexible finance and managed service options to suit individual business requirements. The 100ppm WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 will be available from winter 2017 with the 75ppm WF-C17590 to follow.
- Range includes 100ppm and 75ppm models
- High speed DualScan (simplex / duplex): 60 / 110ipm
- Low power consumption - 320W (it could be as low as 180W)
- Default 600 x 1200dpi - High print quality up to 600 x 2400dpi
- Colour, up to SRA3 size using MP tray
- Epson Open Platform ready
- High-capacity ink cartridges: K = 2 x 50K, CMY = 50K
- DuraBrite pigment inks
- 9-inch colour TP display
- 5,350 sheet (80gsm) max paper input with optional paper feed
- 4,000 sheet finisher unit available with stacking and stapling
- Nozzle Verification Technology to ensure consistent printouts
- Electrostatic transport belt, ensuring paper is completely flat when printed on