Manually installing the Windows 10 Creators Update could introduce hardware compatibility problems, Microsoft warns.
Introversion's Prison Architect follow-up is a highly experimental art piece about navigating a dark cave with a handheld LIDAR scanner. Scanner Sombre's weird and unsettling, if ultimately a bit one-note.
Microsoft has cut off nearly 40 percent of its existing user base of phones from the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update. The alternative: run the beta OS.
Google says it's actively looking for, and trying to bury, fake news in its search results, using feedback mechanisms in autocompleted searches and Featured Snippets.
With its unique 1940's monster movie aesthetic and excellent voice casting, Wilson's Heart feels like the first "can't-miss" VR game. Too bad it's a Rift exclusive.
This smart doorbell is $50 off its usual price at Best Buy.
Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update follows on its desktop cousin with so few features, for so few phones, that one wonders what the point is.
Finsix's Dart-C is almost as small as a phone charger but can power an entire laptop.
Windows 10's built-in location services can be disabled with a few clicks, and you can erase your location history, too.
Dell's single function laser printer won't do photos well, but if your printing needs focus on text and simple graphics, this model is a great choice.
This next-gen memory technology greatly increases responsiveness of PCs but only for those who still want to use a hard drive
Microsoft is giving Gmail users some key Outlook.com features via the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app, meaning they'll work only on a Windows 10 device.
Has Microsoft really thought through its plan to retire Wunderlist? The many features missing from its preview make us wonder.
As a beginner gaming keyboard, the G410 is well-priced at $60.
Called "Cloudbooks" by industry watchers, a leaked Microsoft document sets minimum specs for cloud-based laptops powered by Windows 10 Cloud.
Latest News Articles
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
Most Popular Articles
- 1 AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- 2 Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- 3 Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- 4 Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- 5 Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?