The U.S. Air Force's top-secret autonomous space plane, the X-37B, is days away from breaking its own longevity record. The aircraft, which looks like a mini Space Shuttle, is on schedule next week to spend its record-setting 675th day in orbit, but ...
With cloud saves, in-game overlays, screenshots, and more, GOG Galaxy is now a viable alternative to the Steam desktop client.
U.S. lawmakers plan to introduce legislation to limit the FBI's and other law enforcement use of facial recognition technology after concerns about the mass collection of photographs in police databases.
You can now watch Netflix videos on Firefox for Linux, but not everyone is happy about it as the battle over DRM in HTML rages on.
LinkedIn wants to be its users’ professional news feed, and the company just launched a new feature aimed at providing them with a broad set of perspectives on relevant business news.
Trello is getting hooked into the entire Atlassian ecosystem with a series of integrations unveiled Wednesday. The new “power-ups” for the project management software connect it with BitBucket, Jira, HipChat and Confluence, to help customers get thei...
Airbnb will rebrand its short-term home rental service in China as “Aibiying” and triple the size of its workforce in the country as it tries to woo a large but complex market for foreign tech companies.
Facebook and Nokia have found a way to push a lot more data through a submarine cable across the Atlantic, which could help the social network keep up with the growth of video and virtual reality.
One of the big problems in gaming is incompatibility. A game written for Windows and DirectX won't work on Macs or Android devices. Vulkan games work on Android, but not on Apple devices, which has its own Metal API.
Not many companies would want you to pee on their product, but one at Cebit positively encourages it.
The U.K. is joining the U.S. in its ban restricting passengers from bringing some electronic devices onto flights from the Middle East.
Organizations that use the popular Moodle learning management system should deploy the latest patches as soon as possible because they fix vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take over web servers.
Two months after acquiring SimpliVity for US$650 million, Hewlett Packard Enterprise is beginning to reshape the company's converged infrastructure offering in its own image.
Huawei Technologies is going all flash with its latest enterprise storage system, the OceanStor Dorado V3. It's part of the new storage-as-a-service (STaaS) offering the company unveiled at Cebit.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has ordered that passengers on flights departing for the U.S from 10 airports in the Middle East and Africa will have to carry personal electronics larger than a smartphone as checked baggage, citing increased...
Latest News Articles
- Apple acquires Workflow automation app, offers it free
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- It wasn't the money: Wozniak on robots, design, and Apple's origins
- LastPass fixes serious password leak vulnerabilities
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
Most Popular Articles
- 1 LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- 2 How much can a fibre carry? Facebook and Nokia are pushing it
- 3 Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- 4 Hackers threaten to wipe millions of Apple devices, demand ransom
- 5 Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?