Western Digital has developed a monstrous 14TB hard drive that is now shipping for testing to customers.
Servers & Storage
Time to add SSDs to your hoarding list. Citing a transition in technology and increased demand, NAND prices are expected to begin heading north next year, analysts say.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
Looking for an SSD that's fast and looks good through a case window? Stop your search because the Plextor M8Pe could be your answer.
We were amazed when Lexar provided us with a super-fast 200GB, corn-flake sized MicroSD card back in June but now here’s Kingston with 256GB!
Want to visit Manhattan? Tokyo? The Grand Canyon? With Google Earth VR for the HTX Vive you can (sort of) do it from the comfort of your living room.
You probably can't fit it in your pocket, but Seagate's 5TB portable hard drive won't weight down your backpack either.
Fleshing out the middle of the company's SSD lineup, Toshiba/OCZ's VX500 offers the solid overall performance of MLC NAND at an affordable price.
The OpenCAPI Consortium and Gen-Z are announcing new ports and protocols that will give computers faster memory, storage, and processors.
Seagate pushes the 2.5-inch drive needle all the way to 5TB.
ADATA recently launched what it calls its smallest and fastest external SSD, a 250GB drive that happens to be waterproof and shock resistant to military standards. But it falls short on speed and price.
Atech Flash lets you add fast SATA storage to your laptop or PC with this USB 3.1 dual-bay enclosure.
Fantastically fast and fantastically expensive, this external drive lets Thunderbolt 3 strut its stuff to the tune of 2GBps transfers.
Samsung today released two new gumstick SSDs based on the non-volatile memory express (NVMe) specification with peak speeds of up to 3.5Gbs.
Samsung's new 960 Pro and 960 Evo M.2 SSDs pack capacity and speed into tiny packages.
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- HP, SanDisk partner to bring storage-class memory to market
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Performance-boosting Game Mode discovered in new Windows 10 preview build
- 2 Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- 3 Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
- 4 Nintendo Switch console details revealed: launch date, price, games, paid multiplayer, and more
- 5 Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?